PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 10th May 2016

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Wet underfoot and raining at the moment, but forecast says it will stop and we'll get some sunshine, we'll see.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was smoked sausage and mushroom pasta, menfolk had a breaded chicken portion with theirs. Tonight I'm not sure what we will be eating but I will organise today. I'll be going into town first thing and then have a to do list.

Yesterday work was busy again but I'm now on days' off although I'm working Saturday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Torrential rain yesterday evening scuppered my plans to do more of the drive, I did housework instead which was much needed. Just the bathrooms to do tonight.

DS1 and GF coming over tonight, I'll pick them up from the airport about 10 - I'm usually in bed asleep at that time! They are borrowing my car next week to go up north so I had better clear that out.

Pleased to hear you have heard from the medics Holly, hope it works out for you.
    Have a good holiday csarina, the floors should have dried out a bit by the time you come back.
    Any word on your kitchen floor RR?

Just off for a swim before the madness of work, have a good day and take care. XX
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, I've been up and about for a while. I was feeling horribly weary last night but today is my last office day this week and I plan to do some work at home over the weekend.

Hollyharvey great news from the consultant and Gp , I hope this will lead to you getting the support you need.

Deleted_User best wishes for your holiday.

We are forecast another sunny day after a rainy night so my wm is chugging along and OH will hang stuff out for me once it has finished.

I'm about to eat toast and marmite, then have a shower and drag myself to work.

Hope everyone has a good day
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,051 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

The sun is out again, not sure for how long. Yesterday there was rain all day which then became really heavy later on. I didn't light the stove but put on my long johns instead.

Today I'm invigilating this afternoon. My plan was to make a cake this morning but my local supermarket doesn't stock polenta so I'll have to have a plan B. Back to lemon drizzle then.

It's cup of tea time! I hope TA is OK, as well as MrTA.

Happy Thursday.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning, and thank you Holly for starting off. it seems a nice enough morning out there, and its10 degrees. It rained last night, and the house was quite cold, so we put the gas fire on, didn't need to heat the whole house.

The rain has obviously continued through the night, i don't know what the forecast is though.

Yesterday went as planned, did the usual jobs and took DGD for her swimming lesson after school.
    Speky, the thought of you Googling broderie anglais made me laugh, I don't know why!! Jaeger dresses for £155 - in my dreams! I was looking at grey lining fabric, then remembered I had some black lining in my cupboard, so in the interest of economy, I'll use that.

I'm the queen of cheapskates, I'm always haunting the various cheap shops round here.

Csarina, sorry to hear about your kitchen woes - hope it gets sorted quickly.

Holly and Nelski, you are right, if we only ever posted when there were exciting things going on, it wouldn't be very often. We just jog along from day to day.

Today - Dh is going to strip paint from a doorframe at DD's, I really should start my ironing. if I did it as often as I talked about it there wouldn't be a pile.

Holly, hope your bites get better. i'm not a person who gets eaten alive generally speaking, but last year when we were visiting eldest in Oz, I had the most horrible bites. The anti histamine tablets DS got for me worked though, and the cream. we have been to Oz several times, but I've never had bites like that. I bought some insect repellent as well, and that worked.
    Pleased that things are moving along with your MH care, your GP sounds excellent.

What's Trago Mills like, Nanny, I've heard of it but we don't have them here.

Hope everyone has a good day,
    Take care folks
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Nice sunny day here again but it feels slightly cooler which will be more bearable in the kitchen.

Off to work again today yesterday was very busy and we are short staffed again today such fun !! :( no wonder we are all going off sick and stressed !

Something and chips for dinner tonight I will go and look in the freezer after this I think there is some breaded fish in there, will have that with some peas.

Camelot we are waiting for a plumber to come round and see if he can find the leak (today hopefully) and then get him to take a photo and send it off to the insurance and then go from there ! the whole thing has been such a rigmarole and meanwhile the floor is getting worse and worse !!

Best get ready for work, have good days all xx
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off hollyharvey

My internet keeps dropping out, I'm not very good at anything techie and this is so annoying, also my screen keeps going black. Maybe my laptop is too old.

Been very hot here, still no rain and the garden is dry.

Today I must go to M&S to collect a couple of things I ordered for mother.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Holly, I'm so glad you have been given a new consultant and care worker, hopefully they will be a big improvement.

Csarina, I hope you have a good rest on holiday.

DH has gone off to work so I want to take this opportunity to give the Yorkshire house a spring clean. We heard from the roofer who is going to replace the roof (well, actually he will re-use the slates but replace the rusty nails) that he should be able to start in a couple of weeks. That would be fine but I have a horrible feeling that this will drift a few days and he will want to start when we are away in Wales on a long standing holiday with Sis-i-l and some older rellies.

May has been a complicated month on the calendar for a while, added to when DH's job started and now this, I just want to hide away.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning lovelies :hello:

Warning ...completely dull and non mind blowing post alert feel free to skip it :D

I did a Holly this morning and woke at 3.30 no chance of going back to sleep and absolutely nothing on telly. Ended up watching all this weeks Millionaire and a few Big bang theory. Never thought id say it but I am quite loving Jeremy Clarkson he has a slight sarcasm in his voice which makes me laugh

Today I will mostly doing a fine impression of a headless chicken to get everything done I have on my list and in my head. Having my haircut at some point too which I could do without as I cant stand going to the hairdressers but needs must and want to look nice for our spa weekend :cool:

Dinner will be a freezer grab no idea what yet

Have a a mind blowing day all :A
  • MoneySavingEmma
    Options
    Morning,

Rain overnight and much cooler today, although I can see bits of blue peeking out behind the clouds so hopefully it will brighten up a bit later.

Another day of work, but shouldn't complain too much, it pays the bills :o Also need to book my car in for an MOT. No idea about food tonight as haven't planned anything, maybe just something quick and easy like pasta.

Holly, I am so glad your GP seems to be a good one, I really hope they sort out something better for you. I had been reading along before I started posting and they way you were treated was just terrible.

Gers, lemon drizzle is one of my favourites, I would have no problem eating that every time!

Meeting at 9, so will just finish my cuppa and then work out which meeting room I need to head to, hope I can find it!

Have a good day everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport