Revised CSA assessmnent

Options
2»

Comments

• loopychicken
    Options
    do they not take rent am mortage in to account then?

what i dont understand is how do they know what your living costs are!!

the example u gave was about right for us as a family we was offering her 20 per week well we sed 100 pounds on every pay day but she sed this is no where enough

thing is our rent is 120 a week so thats alost half the wage gone not to mention the councill tax

plus the loans ect...

but some one said that they will have to take in to account the car cost as no car means no work as its not near to home so no work means nothing to assess as there will only be bennifits

its so rong i dont recieve any maintenence of my daughters father he is on bennifis but i manage

so say we were told to pay around 35 per week is there some way to appeal all this?

thanks again u all bein great

xx
    Which came first the chicken or the egg....suppose it depends on which one is mispriced...i know not funny :o
  • Lil2002
    Lil2002 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Loopy Chicken, but no. Only wages and children are taken into consideration in cases like yours.
    Just remember it's based only on his earnings, not yours.

If the CSA have all the info, and you check they've used the right info, there's really nothing you can appeal.
  • missprice
    missprice Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the NEW rules from CSA are

from disposable income ( will explain that later) he must pay 15% for the first child
    20% for 2 children and 25% for 3 or more children NO MATTER HOW MANY MOTHERS ARE INVOLVED

disposable income is

net wage less any pension payments

your car, mortgage/rent househhold bills and any loans are not taken into account.

the OLD rules for CSA were (btw some people are still on these)
    gross wage less mortgage etc etc etc and 10% of what was left. unless you had the child for any nights in the week, then you would get a small reduction of 1/7 for each night

the new rules are not necessarily fairer, but they do go some way towards as with new rules less can be done to alter the final amount e.g get a bigger mortgage pay less child support.

can i just air my view on contact while i am here as i have been looking for a forum to post on (this will make no difference to me now)

when looking for contact at the moment the father has to go to court with a statement as does the mother and the court decides who gets little billy and when.

it would be a whole lot fairer if each parent had to give a statement that DID NOT mention which parent they were.

in that case the judge could not know who the mother was and therefore not give the mother the most contact. also the parents would ask for fairer amounts of contact as they would know the judge could not tell.

or am i not seeing some major flaw????

thanks
    sxx
    63 mortgage payments to go.

Zero wins 2016 😥
  • aMeLia'S~MuMMY
    Options
    missprice wrote:
    the OLD rules for CSA were (btw some people are still on these)
    gross wage less mortgage etc etc etc and 10% of what was left. unless you had the child for any nights in the week, then you would get a small reduction of 1/7 for each night
    Not sure where the 10% comes from as the old rules were/are far more complicated that that, and the reduction for shared care ( overnight stays ) would only be considered if it was at the least 104 nights per year.Then the actual amounts of overnight stays would be needed to make a calculation.

:A
    This is a do-it-yourself test for paranoia: you know you've got it when you can't think of anything that's your fault.
    Robert M. Hutchins
  • aMeLia'S~MuMMY
    Options
    oops a glitch with the site
    This is a do-it-yourself test for paranoia: you know you've got it when you can't think of anything that's your fault.
    Robert M. Hutchins
  • aMeLia'S~MuMMY
    Options
    oops a glitch with the site
    Robert M. Hutchins
  • aMeLia'S~MuMMY
    Options
    oops a glitch with the site......again
    Robert M. Hutchins
  • aMeLia'S~MuMMY
    Options
    do they not take rent am mortage in to account then?

what i dont understand is how do they know what your living costs are!!

the example u gave was about right for us as a family we was offering her 20 per week well we sed 100 pounds on every pay day but she sed this is no where enough

thing is our rent is 120 a week so thats alost half the wage gone not to mention the councill tax

plus the loans ect...

but some one said that they will have to take in to account the car cost as no car means no work as its not near to home so no work means nothing to assess as there will only be bennifits

its so rong i dont recieve any maintenence of my daughters father he is on bennifis but i manage

so say we were told to pay around 35 per week is there some way to appeal all this?

thanks again u all bein great

xx
    In your post you say that you have a child in your household so your partners disposible income would be reduced by 15% prior to making the calculation ( as your daughter will be classed as a relevant child).

You also will need to consider tax credits as these are classed as income (Working Tax Credit will be treated as income where the non-resident parent is the main earner. Where the non-resident parent and their partner have equal earnings 50 per cent of the tax credit will be taken into account as income of the non-resident parent. Child Tax Credit will be taken into account as income of the non-resident parent whether it is paid to the non-resident parent or their partner)

This link should help you

http://www.csa.gov.uk/new/calculate/#S02

Let me know if you need any more help

Robert M. Hutchins
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi ive been searching for a csa thread for some time an now there is one

what do they take in to account

i know they take a mortgage in to account but what about rent ours is expencive an also the car loan an maintenence if we dont have a car we cant work an then we would have no money for them to asses us on any way

plus there is other loans

and what about my income were not married but why do they want to asses me an what i get for MY child i think this rule is wrong

any help apriciated
    thanks

They do not take housing costs into account unless the case is an existing old case which was implemented before 2003. So your partner will have to pay 15% of his net income as maintenence unless you have children living with you, when it will be reduced by 15% (if you have 1 child), 20% (if you have 2 children) or 25% if you have 3 or more children. That is it, pure and simple. Your details are not considered at all, it is only OLD cases that took this into account which unfortunatley for the OP, is the case
  • loopychicken
    Options
    i thank u all so much
    an basicly i guess were scuppered
    ile let u all know how it turns out any way

thanks xx
    Which came first the chicken or the egg....suppose it depends on which one is mispriced...i know not funny :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure