Advice needed with changing of circumstances

Options
Hi, I'm looking for some advice, please.

I'm currently 4 months on from my Bankruptcy date, so not discharged, my circumstances will be changing as my partner and I are splitting up and I will move out and look for a place of my own and will more than likely have to move in with a friend until I can get somewhere.

Now currently I don't pay into an IPA as it was agreed I was under the threshold, so my question is when this happens and I do move out do I immediately contact the OR to make them aware what is happening, even though I won't actually have any information to give them except I will be moving temporarily until I can find a new place? Or do I wait until I've got somewhere and then do a new I&E with the OR to see if I do need to pay anything?

I appreciate any advice and if anyone has been through any similar circumstances before whilst still bankrupt.

Thanks.

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Maverick1103,

I would suggest you inform the OR immediately about what will be happening. As you won't have any details of income and expenses, they will likely ask you to come back to them when you do and you will be reassessed for an IPA. But, at least by telling them what is happening ASAP, there can be no confusion later on. At the very least you will need to make them aware as it will be an address change. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure