Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Own web site post 22, spam
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Liverpoolrose71
    Options
    lauz8726 wrote: »
    want to bump this post, any one seen anything lately that can be put in hen party bags,i need to make 25 so need everything as cheap as possible. or any1 have any new ideas since the last post in 2011? x

Im also joining this discussion because I need to do 20 bags for a joint hen night for work colleagues. Some great ideas listed above but also looking for any other (budget friendly) ideas! ?
  • Peonie
    Peonie Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    I just made 1 bag for the bride with bits in for each person attending. They got married in Italy so I bought some Italian wine, plastic wine glasses, baked biscuits and placed in clear packaging from Lakeland, cheap broach flowers from Primarni (around £2) each, bubbles, his and her quiz and headache tablets.
    Pots: House £6966/£7100, Rainy day Complete, [STRIKE]Sunny day £0/£700[/STRIKE], IVF £2523/£2523, Car up-keep £135/£135, New car £5000/£5000, Holiday £1000/£1000, MFW #16 £2077/£3120
    MFiT3 #86: Reduce mortgage from £146,800 to £125,000
    Mortgage Sept 2014: £135,500, MF Oct 2035 Peak July 2011: £154,000, MF July 2036
  • Peonie
    Peonie Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    I forgot to say at the last hen party I went to the cheap shot containers and the willy straws were not used so a waste of money for the organiser. But it depends on who is going.
    Pots: House £6966/£7100, Rainy day Complete, [STRIKE]Sunny day £0/£700[/STRIKE], IVF £2523/£2523, Car up-keep £135/£135, New car £5000/£5000, Holiday £1000/£1000, MFW #16 £2077/£3120
    MFiT3 #86: Reduce mortgage from £146,800 to £125,000
    Mortgage Sept 2014: £135,500, MF Oct 2035 Peak July 2011: £154,000, MF July 2036
  • casson2006
    casson2006 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am also looking for ideas!

So far i have got:
    Strawberries & cream shots (4 pack)- 69p- 17p each
    Love hearts (small, 12 packs) 79p- 7p each
    Drumstick lollies (15)- 79p-5p each
    Haribo bags (small, 13 packs)- 99p (8p each)

All from Homebargains! :)
  • tori276
    tori276 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just made 16 hen bags - going for a more premium feel - but it's amazing the amount of things you can get for next to nothing...

Glossy black rope handled gift bags from amazon (20 pack)
    100x glowstick bracelets from ebay (6 per lady) £5
    20x packets of haribo strawbs - Ebay £5
    20x Fizz wizz popping candy - Ebay £5
    20x large zebra pattern nail files - Ebay £2
    20x pairs of pink foam toe separators (for nail painting) - Ebay £5
    20x pink infinity charm bracelets - Ebay £5
    21x love hearts lip balm/glosses - Direct cosmetics £5
    20x large rolls love hearts sweets - Ebay £7
    20x chinese folding fans - Ebay £4

All the above worked out at £3.50 a person/bag roughly...

Now my splurges (but still incredible bargains):

Hand-made pandora-style bracelets to match hen party theme colours made from the following components - I got all the following from Ebay sellers:
    20x leather charm bracelets for £7 with magnetic clasp
    40x black faceted glass charm beads £4
    50x pink charm beads £1.50
    50x pink and black glass beads £4
    20x 80s audio cassette style charms and bail/carrier beads £5
    50x orgnaza bags for both the infinity bracelets and pandora-style ones - Ebay £1.50

So that's 16x nice pandora style bracelets with beads and themed charms for £1.40 each

Big splurges for my hens:

24x sets of 3 mini nail polishes - ebay £17
    18x Collection 2000 - eyeshadow palettes in bedazzled and smokey eye colours - Ebay £29 (about £1.60 each (they normally retail at £5 each in Boots)!

Made the bags about £6.40 a person roughly with the added luxuries.

Also got some hen party charms in case I want to put those on the bracelets or use them in some way too! (I often make handmade soap or bathbombs and tie the charm to the wrapping ribbons!)

Another thing I did was design some themed badge pocket mirrors for each hen and sent them off to a printers (badgesandstickers dot co dot uk), much cheaper than the £5 per item I've seen advertised elsewhere for most personalised items. Got them for £1 each that way fully personalised.

Hope this has given some of you some ideas :)
  • cwaless100
    Options
    I've done a few recently and tbh have found its much cheaper to do a goody bag if you class it up a bit and stay away from usually hen party paraphernalia.
    For example just planning a hen party for my sisters Christmas wedding next year and Hen will be in winter wonderland themed in December.
    Have grabbed some:
    Mini crackers from J lewis at £2 for 6 in the sale
    Christmas tea lights in the sale in Tesco and multi buy offers
    Reindeer print Organza bags and will dry out rose petals through out the year for confetti,
    Got a hen shaped cookie cutter on eBay a couple of years ago so make a gingerbread cookie for each bag . She doesn't drink so have bought (luckily with excellent dates on it) some Glitterberry J20 bottles, currently on offer so 50p each. Another hen party we climbed a mountain so did cheap bottles of water with personalised labels on them.
    Individual tea bags/hot chocolate sachets (may pick these up from hotel stays over the year!)
    Small packet of tissues (Christmas ones are on offer and useful for the tearful on the wedding day)

Going to look for some cheaper multi pack Christmas socks as well (have seen £3 for a pack of 5 so 60p per pair).
    Maybe some Christmas earrings

I also have been really luckily with Boots 70% off sales and have brought multi pack items and put one item (such as nail polish/posh shower gels/body butter etc.) in the bag usually around 20-50p each.

Brown paper gift bags from ebay that will decorate with some left over wrapping paper/spare ribbon or glitter snowflakes etc.

You don't have to stick to the normal hen themed. Advice is plan in advance and shop the sales where you can. ultimately having also been a hen multiple times, I don't need another willy straw or soap.

Total cost atm is approx. 1.6.60 per bag. with socks and body lotion etc will probably work around £2.50 (doing 12 in total)
  • totally_donny
    Options
    Hi, where can I buy 30 hen party bags that are nice but don't cost the earth.? thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure