Abit of advice before loan application

Options
Rugby23
Rugby23 Posts: 8 Forumite
Hi,

I am wanting to get a loan of £5,000 for 24 month,
I have just recently changed jobs would this affected my application, I have gone from weekly to monthly pay so shall I wait until I get 3 month wages before I apply, i have no probation period with my new job as I have evidence showing this

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rugby23 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just recently changed jobs would this affected my application, I have gone from weekly to monthly pay so shall I wait until I get 3 month wages before I apply, i have no probation period with my new job as I have evidence showing this

Whats the purpose ?

You might find you get a better rate if you apply for £7500.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rugby23 wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes, the lender's risk assessment will take "time in job" into consideration. Waiting 3 months might work. 6 months would be better. 12 months better still. However, everyone changes employer at some point, so if "time with bank", "time at address", and other 'stability' factors are OK then maybe it won't matter? Obviously affordability is assessed totally separately to these factors.

The only way to find out is to apply. If you're not happy with the APR on the first application then make another, but just one, elsewhere and see if it's a better rate.

Probably best if you approach your bank first, the one that used to receive your income weekly and now receives it monthly, as they know you best.

With regard to the suggestion above to go for £7,500 (to get a better APR), then only do this if you're disciplined enough to immediately repay £2,500 of it. It's 30 years or more since I had a loan, so someone with more recent experience will tell you if repaying £2,500 will reduce the monthly payments going forward or simply reduce the term (maybe you have a choice?).
  • SPOWER
    SPOWER Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, I worked at Equifax when it was at South Avenue. The slogan was get the facts with Equifax. I would change the answers you give.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure