Barclays Partner Finance-PPI

Options
Hi
I wonder can anyone help me?
I had PPI taken through a furniture retailer Hanna and Browne in 1995-2001 through Clydesdale Financial Services
I tried to reclaim in 2013 and BPF say they referred me to retailer.I wrote to retailer and with no response and they went out of business in 2013
I had the hard copy statement evidence of PPI premiums paid do I sent these to BPF in June along with a claim for misselling.
After many weeks of no progress and Barclays bank escalating my claim to a higher level I was told on 4 September on the phone that my claim was being upheld and was being calculated - as this would take some time I was told they would be in contact with a final resolution within 2-3 days so by the following Monday all would be fully resolved.
After 2 weeks of nothing I emailed the CEO (Chris Wood) HR head (Ksroline Kane) and I received an email response saying that the Managing Director Julian Davies would be investigating the matter.
Today I have been informed that my complaint has been upheld butbthere will be no refund of PPI as it was the retailer who sold me the policy and that Clydesdale Financial Services/BPF have no responsibility therefore I have nonrecourse as the retailer is no longer trading.They are sending me £50 for the poor way I have been treated!
Can anyone advise me where I can progress from here - surely Clydesdale/ BPF had a duty of care as sellers of the policy although not at point of sale - surely commission to be gained for the seller could compromise the consumer and it is worth mention that my D O B was incorrect.
Also how can I be told refund was being calculated on 4 September to now hearing the very opposite - surely these calls are recorded?
All advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Surely not.....it's game over. Count yourself lucky you got £50.

If they didn't sell it they are not liable.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Clydesdale/BPF WEREN'T the sellers. That's the whole point.

Whether you gave the wrong date of birth and whether calls are recorded is irrelevant. You gave no one to complain to.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are sending me £50 for the poor way I have been treated!

You are lucky. Getting £50 for nothing.
    Can anyone advise me where I can progress from here - surely Clydesdale/ BPF had a duty of care as sellers of the policy although not at point of sale - surely commission to be gained for the seller could compromise the consumer and it is worth mention that my D O B was incorrect.

You DOB is irrelevant.
    And no, they are not responsible for the actions of the retailer.
    Also how can I be told refund was being calculated on 4 September to now hearing the very opposite - surely these calls are recorded?

Maybe the person misread the intention of what was happening. Especially as you tried to bring in interference with the complaints process.
    All advice greatly appreciated

You got £50. Be happy as they didnt owe you a penny. Its a bit like complaining to Tesco about something you bought at Asda.
  • pnaylor39
    Options
    Hi,

Antly chance you Can you provide me with Chrus Woods email address ******

Also having issues with Barclays Partner Finance regarding issues with a car bought on finance ( rejected it under Consumer Rights Act,2016) In order to do so we need to prove that the fault existed within the first 6 months of purchase. ( needs a new engine @ 21,000 miles !!!) . Given that The manufacturer has agreed to cover the cost , which they wouldn't have done if they believed that the garage ( through previous repairs) or us were at fault, we think we have proved it, especially since we have spoken to 3 independent (iaea) vehicle engineers, who are all of the opinion that the fault would existed at manufacturing stage or caused by the dealership , which the manufacturer by agreeing to cover has ruled out. Anyway Barclays Finance have rejected our claim , saying they wont consider without a third party report. but provide us with details of their findings inc. A copy of the dealerships diagnostic report which even though we advised them by email prior to it being repaired that we were rejecting they failed to notify the dealership ( although they were cc into the email) so they went ahead with the repair ( 3rd one). Wirhout a copy of the report which the dealership also seem reluctant to provide us we can provide the third party report, which will prove our case beyond a shadow of a doubt. We have now referred our case to the FOS on the basis that they are restricting our consumer rights ( im order to provide a third party engineers report, not only would the engineer have needed access to the car before it was repaired which they should have been aware of and taken steps to stop the dealership repairing. Now they are withholding the only remaining piece of evidence , the dealerships diagnostic report/job sheets. Without them the independant engineer cannot provide us with a report. The reason they have given for withholding is that's its privileged information. Weve silubmitted SAR's requests to Noth Barclays PRtjer Finance & the dealership & if the dealership refuse to provide us with the appropriate documentation we will be raising a FOS complaint against them too.
  • pnaylor39
    Options
    Hi sorry for typos. CEO Barclays Partner Finance Chris Wood and Consumer Rigurs Act, 2015
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Could you add a smattering of paragraphs?

They'll make it much easier to read and you're more likely to get answers.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    pnaylor39 wrote: »
    Hi,

Antly chance you Can you provide me with Chrus Woods email address ******

Also having issues with Barclays Partner Finance regarding issues with a car bought on finance ( rejected it under Consumer Rights Act,2016) In order to do so we need to prove that the fault existed within the first 6 months of purchase. ( needs a new engine @ 21,000 miles !!!) . Given that The manufacturer has agreed to cover the cost , which they wouldn't have done if they believed that the garage ( through previous repairs) or us were at fault, we think we have proved it, especially since we have spoken to 3 independent (iaea) vehicle engineers, who are all of the opinion that the fault would existed at manufacturing stage or caused by the dealership , which the manufacturer by agreeing to cover has ruled out. Anyway Barclays Finance have rejected our claim , saying they wont consider without a third party report. but provide us with details of their findings inc. A copy of the dealerships diagnostic report which even though we advised them by email prior to it being repaired that we were rejecting they failed to notify the dealership ( although they were cc into the email) so they went ahead with the repair ( 3rd one). Wirhout a copy of the report which the dealership also seem reluctant to provide us we can provide the third party report, which will prove our case beyond a shadow of a doubt. We have now referred our case to the FOS on the basis that they are restricting our consumer rights ( im order to provide a third party engineers report, not only would the engineer have needed access to the car before it was repaired which they should have been aware of and taken steps to stop the dealership repairing. Now they are withholding the only remaining piece of evidence , the dealerships diagnostic report/job sheets. Without them the independant engineer cannot provide us with a report. The reason they have given for withholding is that's its privileged information. Weve silubmitted SAR's requests to Noth Barclays PRtjer Finance & the dealership & if the dealership refuse to provide us with the appropriate documentation we will be raising a FOS complaint against them too.

Given that the manufacturer has agreed to cover the cost of the new engine, what is your issue with with Barclays Partner Finance, and what has it got to do with PPI?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure