Looking to have a simpler life .......

Options

Comments

• Downshifterella
    Options
    Lucky for me found an extra tenner from
    ..who knows where! :p:j so took my lovely mum out for a slap up lunch ...back to the drawing board now for next weekends bday party spends, though pressie now all sorted!

Got a few bits to charity shop...not sure they would sell on eBay ..... Clear house, clear head, or something like that! Reckon I need to "borrow" about £50 from savings to make it to payday ... :eek::eek: bit hoping to be a bit more on track from September , we seem to have had a few weddings/ birthday parties making life just that lil bit expensive lately! :eek:
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Hello MFWs
    Spent today feeling a bit under the weather so caught up on diaries whilst in bed drinking lemsip ( in August !!:eek::eek:) (what a way to spend my non working day this week! Still, feeling a bit better as a result!)

The up side of this was also managed to do a bit of research on things we can save money on by switching....energy bills being a biggie! Need to do a bit more research as some of the cheapest suppliers never heard of!

In recent news, £40 from some overtime has been added to the "save £5k pot" . Found a much cheaper way to do some regular work travel saving £20 a time ( I don't get reimbursed for this) and a few bits to try and eBay.

Managed birthday trip out with no dipping into savings just from cash I had! September however is looking like a pretty tight month!! May have to make do with I player and nights in for entertainment! ( My fave kinds of nights! Lol)

Weather seems like autumn has hit at the mo so need to do some wardrobe sorting out! Need to mend one pair of work trousers where the hem has come off , let's see if I have any sewing skills! ;)

Need to get food spends down too...been ok at using up stuff in freezer but there are weeks we end up time poor and then convenience/junk food shopping takes over. Might do a list of what we have in and some planning to help motivate me! :)

Hope everyone is having a good week
    X
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the Lemsip has worked and you are feeling much better now?

£20 saving on work travel is pretty good- is it something you do regularly?

Good luck with the hemming!!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Thanks kittenkirst
    Lemsip seems to have done the trick, feeling tired and a bit coldy but not "ill" with it if that makes sense?

Work travel roughly ends up being once a week, sometimes less, sometimes more ...so it's potentially a huge saving! Does mean getting up earlier tho but I think I'll survive! ;)

Hemming is , I think tonight's job with something good on the TV. Last night got distracted with doing a freezer/cupboard inventory ....we have LOTS of food (not all meals haha!) so next challenge is to run that down and save some pennies that way!

Payday this weekend phew! Need to make this month's streeeetch and lots to savings to hit my £5k by Christmas target! :money:

X
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Lovely Sunday lie in followed by a massive brunch nomnom just how Sunday's should be spent! Off to friends for dinner later, bringing pudding from what we have in so spending this afternoon cooking it!

Found a few bits to eBay so will list those over the next few days .

Also once I've sorted my pay code at work should be around £100 a month better off from October! :j :beer:

Eating out of the cupboard and freezer this week so trying g to go for a £0 week!! Wish me luck! :p
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!

Are you "proper" hemming or wundawebbing?
  • wildesavings
    Options
    Sounds brilliant! Would love a no spend week but we ate from the freezer/cupboard supplies last week and now I need to replenish. :rotfl:

How much is your mortgage/LTV/term left etc - ignore if i'm being a nosey mare.... but I love the numbers. ;)

Subscribing and cheering you on xxx
    Started my MFW journey in August 14 : £103,650
    2019 : £77,900
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Thanks smallholding sister
    Omg wonderweb I had forgotten that existed!!:eek:
    I was going to do proper sewing!! As yet though, nothing has happened ....job moved to tmrws list! ( Maybe in the sunshine outside of the weather stays nice!)

Wildesavings
    Great ,always good to have subscribers ;) helps to feel I'm not alone with my ramblings! I'll wait to see if the no spend week works, but I'm cautiously optimistic ( one day in! Haha!) :rotfl:

Hoping to get LTV to about 35% when we remortgage ( is we then "own" 65%....always get confused how that works). Might do a bit more numbers jigging tmrw to get some solid plans in place!

Hope everyone's had a lovely sunny Sunday :j
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Okay....so now I've started thinking about the maths, an OP of £550 ( if we keep our monthly standing mortgage at same payment as now) we could be MF in 5 years once we remortgage!!! :beer: :eek:

Doesn't actually feel real!!... And tho of course won't be quitting work the minute it's paid off (ah I can dream! :rotfl:;)) it really could be pretty life changing!! :beer:

If that idea doesn't stop me shopping, then I'm not sure what will! ;)
  • wildesavings
    Options

If that idea doesn't stop me shopping, then I'm not sure what will! ;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Same here.... it's so tempting to spend (at least it is for me lol) but there's nothing like having a bigger goal in mind to focus us.

5 years sounds amazing. Our mortgage is officially 18 years, 11 with current regular OP but I'm aiming for 8 :D It would be the best 25th wedding anniversary present I could think of :)
    Started my MFW journey in August 14 : £103,650
    2019 : £77,900
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family