PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 August 2016 at 12:28AM
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    I'd like to think things are a wee bit safer now than they were then Mary! lol. Not seen a marauding Viking for weeks up here. Dammit lol

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I had my mtDNA done and my origins showed 98% British Isles and 2% Northern European (with the Scandinavian countries being the epicenter) I think I have a marauder in the family. :eek: :D
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I am of Irish origin on both sides but I have Dupuytrens Contracture of thr fingers which is so common in Scandinavian countries it is called the Viking Disease:rotfl:

Looks like I also had a marauder in the family
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I'm half Irish and half Highlander with a Spanish granny lol.
    Wondering what's going to happen to the RBS and if it's time to move banks. Been putting it off for ages.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wondering what's going to happen to the RBS and if it's time to move banks. Been putting it off for ages.
    :( Probably a good time to get another bank, mar. Sinking ships and all that.

I'm tickled pink about something an Iraqi acquaintance told me; he was astonished on first meeting me as I am a dead ringer for his neice, back in the old country. Reddish hair, pale skin and green eyes and all. So funny to think that there's another middle-aged woman out there who's my spitting image. Except she's much cleverer because she's a doctor.:rotfl:

Insofar as I'm aware, my genetics are anglo-saxon with a smidge of Scots.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    New Simon's Cat video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9qdyXCVNVk

Enjoy.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Genetically, I have a Viking somewhere too ... but historically, I'm English, with about a quarter Irish. Not surprising, since I'm a Scouser :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jk0 wrote: »
    New Simon's Cat video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9qdyXCVNVk

Enjoy.

Thanks for that :D
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I recently moved to M & S as they had an offer (through this site) whereby I will gain by almost £300 in one way and another. I am not sure if it's still current but it 's really worth looking around. They won't make any money out of me as I am always in credit and pay my cc each month in full, so I don't know what the attraction is!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Living Proof I saw that offer and was tempted but one of the things that keeps me with Natwest is that their online banking is very easy to use especially with Microsoft Money which I still use. Downloads of statements are especially quick. I like to download transactions every couple of days. I also look after DHs money and I don't find lloyds/ Halifax quite as user friendly, though it does work. Nationwide, on the other hand don't support Microsoft Money at all.

Do you know what download formats they offer for Internet banking? Hope this isn't any trouble
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Margaret54
    Margaret54 Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone I haven't been here in a while as have been busier , but reading about making wills prompted me to reply. My dear late uncle died some years ago and I was down as his next of kin. I was visiting him one day when the local minister called to see him. He said he was glad we could meet and he introduced us. My uncle was in poor health for a long time, and he never mentioned a will to me, but at least when he died suddenly at home I was able to arrange his funeral as I had met the minister. I was the only relative who along with my children attended his funeral and I hope I did my very best for him on the day. I looked all over the house but could not find a will. That was a long time ago now. It made me realise how important it is to have a will. My husband and I have made a will through our credit union. We met up at our local branch one evening after making an appointment, and for £80 we had one drawn up with their solicitor and a witness. It gives us peace of mind, and we also found out that as members of the credit union, there is an amount of money you are entitled to if one of us dies towards funeral costs, which is good to know too. I would really urge those who have not made a will, to see about one as soon as possible, because we do not know what is around the corner.
    Do a little kindness every day.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport