FTB - Nervous

Options
Ok so we're 1 week away from completion now. The process has been a breeze.
DIP offered straight away then reserved a new build with Bovis, full application sent to Halifax and an offer issued. We are doing Help to buy so that was all sorted too.
We have exchanged and received completion statement from conveyencers and paid all monies. Completion due on the 31st. I'm still paranoid something will go wrong like Halifax withdrawing offer or something stupid.
I received a letter from HTB today saying that your solicitor has notified us that you have completed etc....
We haven't yet, is this just a standard letter once money has been requested?
Anyone else worry like me? Lol

Comments

• Nicola83
    Nicola83 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    It's completely normal!
    We bought a new build through help to buy in February and I had the exact same worries, even though nothing at all had changed in our circumstances.
    I remember getting the email from Barclays to say they'd sent the mortgage money to our solicitor, good luck in our new home, I actually did a little jump for joy in Tesco :j
    I'm sure everything will go just fine and come 1st June you'll wonder why you ever worried at all.
    Good luck in your new home :)
  • Marky86
    Marky86 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you for the reassurance. Only 3 days to wait now. Fingers crossed.
  • mdori003
    mdori003 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck! i'm sure it will go fine and I hope to be in the same position shortly!
  • first98
    first98 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I've just bought a flat off plan using the HTB Equity loan. I'm equally scared about my mortgage!!

Any advice on the HTB application? Are there any tips you picked up along the way?

Good luck with your new home!
  • crystalpinks
    Options
    We are FTB also using HTB, also completing on Thursday! I feel the same, wondering what can go wrong! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for us both :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure