TUPE Questions

Options
I'm currently "in scope" for TUPE

I don't currently have an exact transfer date. Is my current company obliged to give me a date prior to the transfer or can they just say one day "You have transferred"?
I believe I can reject the transfer prior to the transfer and this would be treated as a resignation.
Can I reject the transfer up to the day before the actual transfer?
If I do this what happens to my notice period? Do I leave on the day of the transfer or do I work any notice?
Also, what happens to unused holiday?

Comments

• mariefab
    mariefab Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    Long enough before a relevant transfer to enable the employer of any affected employees to consult the appropriate representatives of any affected employees, the employer shall inform those representatives of the transfer date (among other things).
    Yes, you can object to becoming an employee of the transferee up to the day before the transfer.
    This would be treated as a resignation and will take effect on the transfer date. So, you won't have to work a notice period and you won't be entitled to pay in lieu of notice.
    You will be entitled to payment for any holidays accrued but untaken by the transfer date.
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks for that.
    We've had consultations but all we've been told is that it will be by 30/6/18.
  • mariefab
    mariefab Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    How long have you worked there?
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mariefab wrote: »
    How long have you worked there?

Almost 6 years.
    There's also an unresolved issue of a potential relocation which is still awaiting an answer from the company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure