DRO advice please

Options
I am in process of entering into a dro due to breakdown of marriage and being left with all the debt. The debts were in joint names but I am still living in the rented property. My question is would the debts come back to my landlord? Ie, gas, water and council tax. As they have already contacted my landlord regarding the debt.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You will be doing this through an agency, I'd imagine? They will be able to help you. I had a DRO a few years ago via StepChange. They were absolutely brilliant. You usually have to apply for a DRO by using one of the agencies - they have all the information you will ever need. StepChange helped me so much and my DRO is over and I'm on the road to debt recovery.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    vaz72 wrote: »
    I am in process of entering into a dro due to breakdown of marriage and being left with all the debt. The debts were in joint names but I am still living in the rented property. My question is would the debts come back to my landlord? Ie, gas, water and council tax. As they have already contacted my landlord regarding the debt.

Thanks for any help
    If the debts are solely in your name they will be covered by the dro and discharged at the end of the 12 months.

Any joint debts will go over to the other party.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure