Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • amyleah
    • By amyleah 2nd Jan 19, 6:06 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    amyleah
    What to do to reduce E-waste
    • 2nd Jan 19, 6:06 AM
    What to do to reduce E-waste 2nd Jan 19 at 6:06 AM
    Hi friends. As it is a general discussion, so I am sharing a thought of mine that few days ago I was reading somewhere that electronic waste is increasing every day and it is polluting our environment.So I wanted to ask you guys to share your thoughts or ideas that how can we protect our environment and how can we reduce electronic waste?
Page 1
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 2nd Jan 19, 6:39 AM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 7,962 Thanks
    Nick_C
    • 2nd Jan 19, 6:39 AM
    • 2nd Jan 19, 6:39 AM
    Take your electronic waste to your local recycling centre.

It, or its component parts, will either be reused or recycled.

No pollution necessary.
    • amyleah
    • By amyleah 7th Jan 19, 12:23 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    amyleah
    • 7th Jan 19, 12:23 PM
    • 7th Jan 19, 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the response.
    During my experience and knowledge, i have come to know these sites for recycling old gadgets.
    cashinyourgasgets.co.uk
    recyclezone.org.uk
    sellthemobile.com
    gadgetmill.co.uk
    Can you suggest which one of these should I go for?
    • Howard_B3
    • By Howard_B3 8th Apr 19, 11:51 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Howard_B3
    • 8th Apr 19, 11:51 AM
    • 8th Apr 19, 11:51 AM
    I understand that companies that sell electrical equipment have to offer WEEE recycling facility to it's customers, in line with EU legislation. However with the pending Brexit this may all change.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 8th Apr 19, 12:30 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 7,962 Thanks
    Nick_C
    • 8th Apr 19, 12:30 PM
    • 8th Apr 19, 12:30 PM
    I understand that companies that sell electrical equipment have to offer WEEE recycling facility to it's customers, in line with EU legislation. However with the pending Brexit this may all change.
    Originally posted by Howard_B3
    No current legislation will change if we leave the EU. All EU law has been incorporated into UK law.
    • dan958
    • By dan958 8th May 19, 12:18 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    dan958
    • 8th May 19, 12:18 PM
    • 8th May 19, 12:18 PM
    I try and do my part by not buying all the new tech that comes out (as much as I can). I don't buy new phones every year, I buy one and keep it for the years it takes until it finally dies/ no longer works for not I need it to do. I also try and repair any items that I can, rather than binning and buying another.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 12th Jun 19, 9:57 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 39,629 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 12th Jun 19, 9:57 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 9:57 PM
    I I also try and repair any items that I can, rather than binning and buying another.
    Originally posted by dan958
    The problem is that at the moment, it being a 'throwaway' society, that sometimes it is cheaper to buy new than repair unless you have an older item.
    My original Dyson is still going strong and I am finally about to replace my 26 YO Zanussi washer. However today have contracted a repair man to mend my not-very-old dishwasher @ 100. That's between half to third of the cost of buying a new one......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..6470cc+3045mm (3.04.5) + RK 8.03
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,454Posts Today

7,492Users online

Martin's Twitter