Trying to avoid a near life experience

Options

Comments

• NorthernPeach
    Options
    I've survived the first of my 2 12hr shifts this weekend, I'm shattered! Long hours make me want to binge when I get home as I just don't have the energy to cook. Cue a supermarket trip, so I still didn't manage to have a NSD. Looking forward to taking make up off and vegetating in front of the sofa!
    Emergency fund = £734.27 / £1000 :starmod:
  • NorthernPeach
    NorthernPeach Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2018 at 1:11PM
    Options
    A quick TT to the emergency fund this morning of £3.11 since the last DD has come out for the month.
    After the weeks of glorious sunshine the weather has taken a turn this afternoon, hoping it clears up for tomorrow. Today is technically 'Friday' for me and we are having new carpet fitted tomorrow, was hoping to keep out of the way in the garden.

In planting news, I've planted some green bean and sweet pepper seeds and treated myself to some gardening gloves (the nettles definitely got the better of me the other day).

Soon will be time for the monthly mortgage payment, anyone else get excited to see the balance drop? I got far too carried away on the OP calculator the other day and wanted to up the regular OP by 300:rotfl:. I came to my senses though, need to work on the savings balance before we can dedicate that much a month to OPs
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    A quick signature update, we managed to pay off a total of 390 in capital this month just about outweighing the interest added :eek:. Mortgage currently stands at £126,849.

Feel like we are making very little impact atm but at least we are matching or exceeding the interest added each month......some progress is better than none!
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    The 1st of June is almost complete and despite my towel - less sprint post shower incident this morning the day has turned out pretty OK. I managed to tick off the majority of my to do list and I've not spent a penny :)

Interest added to the mortgage this morning and is £2 less than the previous month, nice to see a little movement. I've cashed out my current account rewards this morning and sent an email to PA as my survey account is 'on hold', no wonder I never saw any studies...

June NSD challenge 1/15
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi northern peach, just wanted to wish you a belated best of luck with the new dairy :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    If I haven't personally spent money today but the OH has does that count as a no spend day.... I'm taking it!

June NSD 2/15
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    What a better time than a Sunday evening to set myself some goals for the week, I need some motivation after being a slob all day (I did read lots of MFW diaries though, you are all very inspirational)

This weeks goals:
    * Get my butt to the gym x3
    * Prep my lunch to take to work x5
    * Change the brake light bulb in my car
    * Pay for the living room carpet
    * Pester OH to move phone contract to joint account for extra cashback :money:

Today was not a NSD, succumbed to a snack run to the shop :(

After coming to terms with our massive grocery expenditures I've decided we need to get some control. After the bills come out of the joint account we will have approx £130 left. I'm hoping this can cover our food for the month, we have plenty of food in the freezer but the majority of the spends come from a lack of organisation or convenience.

130/27 days = Approx 4.80 a day for 2 adults and a kitty

Surely that's do able...
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh well done, I think you are doing such a good job. £4.80 for food per day should be enough, especially if you have some food in the freezer to eat. It's definitely hard to be organised about food.
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    Tropically wrote: »
    Oh well done, I think you are doing such a good job. £4.80 for food per day should be enough, especially if you have some food in the freezer to eat. It's definitely hard to be organised about food.

Oh thank you Tropically, it's so easy to get disheartened when you see how much other people manage to OP each month, mine seem tiny in comparison but I'm not in this position where I can chuck it all at the mortgage atm.

Yes lots of food in the freezer, it's so easy to ditch the meal plan when it's been a hard day at work....
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    Monthly mortgage payment came out today + regular OP :j

Spent a total of £5 on top up shop food over the past 2 days, within budget so far :)

I have managed to sort out all my survey accounts now, hopefully start to earn some bits and bobs through those which can be used to overpay. I earnt £15 from the N*stle cereal club but unfortunately amazon vouchers.....probably will be utilised well for gift purchases etc

After the dreary wet weekend the sun is back today :beer:, hope everyone's week is going well so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport