Hideous partial denture fitted yesterday

Options
I had a new partial front denture put in yesterday, to replace a temporary one earlier in the year following an extraction.
During the trial firtings done on wax a little tooth that sits on the back of the partial denture was bot there, I was told this was because the wax is soft and it would break off, I went to have new denture put in yesterday and also a lower filling, the bite had to be adjusted and there was no rear tooth attached, dentist did not explain why , new tooth in place I checked in the mirror under the bright dental light. Once I got to the car I looked in the mirror and thought the tooth looked very dark in comparison to the others, i think it's too opaque as the adjoining g one is a crown. On further inspection the front tooth from the plate is also tilted backwards from the gum and looks ridiculous, I'm really annoyed the dentist didnt say at the time.
I've an appointment this morning as I've hardly slept all night worrying about it.
I'd post the pics but dont know how to,
My question will I need to pay again?

Yours miserably, Kathleen
I Can resist everything, except Temptation x:o

Comments

• Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Was it done privately or on the NHS?

It should look reasonable either way - but you'd have more of a case if it were done privately than on the NHS.

On the NHS, restoring function in the most cost-effective way is the priority. Done privately, the aesthetics of the thing should be considered of equal importance.

Don't worry too much about the missing back tooth. If it is a narrow gap, and not really visible, then it might well have been a tooth that would be prone to breaking off on the finished denture as well as the wax-up. That might have been a decision that the technician made rather than the dentist though - which is why it didn't get discussed with you.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get a tooth shade changed - but if NHS, it would depend on the colour range of the teeth the technicians use for NHS cases as to whether it could be improved that much.

Certainly worth having the discussion with the dentist though, and letting him know you're unhappy.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure