Smartwatch with inbuilt gps

Options
I would very much appreciate some help to choose a suitable smartwatch that has an inbuilt gps, so I don’t have to carry a phone with me.
I am 70 years of ago, so unlikely to want to use it for lots of uses, but I do like to walk off track with my dogs.
I have saved up some John Lewis vouchers, so would like to buy from there if possible.
Thank you so much, in advance, for any ‘basic’ help, Am happy to have a chunky watch, by the way.

Comments

• TomPucci85
    Options
    Garmin make some great watches for tracking activity,

For simplicity, you can't really go wrong with Apple Watch, although it does cost a bit more.
  • thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TomPucci85 wrote: »
    Garmin make some great watches for tracking activity,

For simplicity, you can't really go wrong with Apple Watch, although it does cost a bit more.

Would love an Apple Watch, as I have an iPhone and mini ipad, but out of my price range unfortunately.
    Thank you for helping.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Depending how important tracking distance is for you (I assume it's quite important if you want GPS) bear in mind not all trackers are accurate...

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/fitness-watches-and-activity-trackers/article/how-accurate-is-your-fitness-watch-or-activity-tracker
  • thedogsmum
    thedogsmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Depending how important tracking distance is for you (I assume it's quite important if you want GPS) bear in mind not all trackers are accurate...

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/fitness-watches-and-activity-trackers/article/how-accurate-is-your-fitness-watch-or-activity-tracker

Thank you! It’s more to ensure that if I wander off the path, I can find the way back!!
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The problem with you wanting to find your way back is all the smart watches I know (although not an expert so there may be some that do what you want) do not actually show you the map of where you are, they record your route internally then Show your route on your phone/iPad etc when you sync it later. Although they can show speed, distance, mikes, elevation etc as you are walking.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    thedogsmum wrote: »
    I would very much appreciate some help to choose a suitable smartwatch that has an inbuilt gps, I have saved up some John Lewis vouchers, so would like to buy from there if possible.

What’s your actual budget in £’s, shillings & pence?

Garmin Forerunner 35 is under £100!

You’d do a lot better by not buying fro John Lewis as they’re very expensive and the “price match” is a joke.

Apple watches are lifestyle accessories for vain people with far too much money.

I believe that the Which? GPS accuracy report has been discredited for some of the watches they “tested”
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    jackomdj wrote: »
    The problem with you wanting to find your way back is all the smart watches I know (although not an expert so there may be some that do what you want) do not actually show you the map of where you are

Most watches I know do this..... Checkout Garmin’s Trackbac feature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure