Universal credit- claimant commitment

Options
Hi there. Quick question: My claimant commitment starts tomorrow.

Do I need to show evidence of job searching before tomorrow?

I'm busy sorting my council tax etc today.
Apologies if it's a daft question. Just wanted to make sure!

Thanks
Nate

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Id say you should at least to expect to let your work coach what you have been doing in terms of looking for a job. You should be recording this in your online journal.

I'm sure you have a spare half hour to look on Indeed today.
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nate99 wrote: »

I'm busy sorting my council tax etc today.

And people who work, how do they find time to work 8 hours er day pus commute and lunch AND deal with life/bills etc - are they not busy?

You do not work and had no time to look for jobs as you were busy sorting council tax?

Jesusssss

(Yes, I had a misfortune of working with UC claimants..the excuses they come up with as not to show they are looking for work are ...sighhhh)
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    No. You don’t. As for people having the misfortune to deal with those on UC. I’m on UC. I work zero hours, I’m on light touch just now as I only get around 60 pounds a month UC. When I was on intensive I updated my journal daily.

If his claimant commitment starts tomorrow then he starts looking for work tomorrow. Why should he need to be judged by people on here.

As for council tax, I’ve had nothing but issues with council tax since I’ve been on UC. Firstly because someone in the dwp didn’t process my original claim properly. I lost count of how many hours that took to sort out. Secondly because if I earn too much one month my UC claim closes which has a knock on effect to my council tax. It’s hard being on Uc. Particularly if you are on zero hours and your claim keeps being closed and you have to keep re applying. Or you go from intensive to light touch and back to intensive.

How do you know the OP doesn’t work? I do two jobs. I still don’t earn enough every month to come off UC and stay off it for any length of time.

I’d hate to think my work coach was slagging me off on an open forum. Talk about unprofessional.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and by the way. I know some people who work 8 hours a day 9 to 5 and spend their whole day on twitter. Let’s not kid ourselves on that every single person who has a full time job is working their bottom off. Some people have very cushy numbers indeed.

Most people I know on UC are desperate to be off it and stay off it. It’s harder than people think. Particularly given how unpleasant some DWP staff are. My last work coach was great.

Others like treating you like something they’ve scraped off their shoe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure