Need to lose weight

Options
I need to lose weight, I weigh 83kg which is about 10kg overweight. I have fat around my stomach mainly. I do take medicines for health problems. Are there any YouTube videos I could watch and do exercises.

Thanks

Comments

• parking_question_chap
    Options
    Research on HIIT.

Dont bother doing much if any direct abdominal work though, you cannot spot reduce fat.

Weight loss is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition though.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    I need to lose weight, I weigh 83kg which is about 10kg overweight. I have fat around my stomach mainly. I do take medicines for health problems. Are there any YouTube videos I could watch and do exercises.

Thanks

As already said, eating less is the most effective way of losing fat.
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    Eat less in order to reduce fat. Exercise more in order to stop it coming back.
    So basically you need to do both.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • doberly
    Options
    You can eat anything you like but in moderation and watch your daily calories intake. Then exercise everyday. There are exercise routines that you can do at home. Check Youtube for ideas/tips.
  • Dewhirstn
    Options
    I've just started doing a 15 minute run in a morning before work, followed by a 15-20 minute HIIT exercise, my job is fairly sedentary so I needed to be more active, I got myself a fitbit (cheap version of one anyway) to track my general exercise.

But I did lose a lot of weight a few years back by simply eating less and more healthily, I've done the calorie counting malarky and found it doesn't make much difference.
  • Fennite
    Options
    Check out Michael Mosely and his diets and TV programmes advocating the 5:2 diet, Blood Sugar Diet, and HIIT exercise.

I did the 8 week blood sugar diet (low carb, high fat, calorie restricted diet) and lost 1.5 stone in 8 weeks, and now stick to the 5:2 diet with intermittent fasting.
  • runninglea
    Options
    I find that cutting out sugar can lead to a 5-6kg loss in a month.

Not easy to do if you eat a lot and also need to read most labels as most meals ready made have a lot in.

Cook your own meals and prepare lunches
    Year 2019 (1,700/£17000mortgage repayment)Overall mortgage (71,400/165568) (44
    .1%) (42/100) payments made. Total paid 2019 year £1,700

Total paid 2017 year £15,300Total paid 2018 year £13,600
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    I disagree with the advice not to do abdominal work. If you're stomach muscles are under-used, then the 'flab' will be more obvious. With good stomach muscles, at least you can hold it in!!
    Also, a good core is essential for maintaining a pain-free back, and so much more.

Get those abs working - but move everything else as well!!
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • scrappy_doo1
    Options
    The best person on the internet in my opinion is Scoobyworkshop ,he is a fantastic fellow and has great videos and advice
  • jonybrown
    jonybrown Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2018 at 4:56AM
    Options
    For a Weight loss, you have to go 20% exercise and 80% nutrition though ( eating less is the most effective way of losing fat).
    In my opinion for YouTube videos, the best person is Jordan Yeoh
    Channel Name: Jordan Yeoh Fitness
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family