Halloween costume on a budget?

Options
Has anyone got ideas for a female adults Halloween costume on a budget? I don't want to go as a witch or a ghost so am looking for other ideas. Am happy to search in charity shops....but for what?

Any ideas out there please?

Comments

• Schoolworker
    Options
    A few years ago I went as hulk, got an old pair of jeans from a charity shop for £3 I think,.got an old work shirt from hubbie and cut it zig zag at bottom of jeans and shirt. Then got green face paint - it's easy to get as people use for witch. Used this on my arms, hands and face. It was effective but took several days to get green face paint off.

Another year I wore black leggings and black top then got a tail pinned to my bump and cat ears on a hairband and then used mascara to do black nose and whiskers for a cat.

I help out at school disco usually so will need to put my thinking cap on for this year.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,825 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Rip up some old white sheets and go as a mummy ?
  • fuzz
    fuzz Posts: 597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Schoolworker I like the catwoman idea.....it's easy and cute :)
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Long black dress, tarted up with whatever you can find. Long red finger nails. White stripe in hair. Mortician Addams.

Although this might depend on your own hair colour/style.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • welshbabe88
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Long black dress, tarted up with whatever you can find. Long red finger nails. White stripe in hair. Mortician Addams.

Although this might depend on your own hair colour/style.

Yes I did Morticia last year too - had cheap black wig off ebay - red lips and nails - long flowing skirt tight over hips - I just had a long tight black underslip over a flared skirt. Black plain jumper with long trailing bits of black lace sewn to sleeves to give the drapy look.
  • parmavioletuk
    Options
    Zombie is really cheap and easy, just rip up some old clothes and splatter on some fake blood. There are loads of make-up tutorials on YouTube.

The really cheap and easy option is just to get a halloween mask...
  • Shane05
    Options
    You can give her a cat women look and for sure if you haven't have this costume you can find it easily at any store near you.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure