lily117 Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get a dusty bathroom from Nicky.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    wilko have regina for £2 nit sure how many but quite a big pack on special!!
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have a look in Farmfoods. They currently have "snowman and the snowdog" chrismassy loo rolls ( make Nicky)....in pks of 4 loo rolls and selling 2 x 4 pk for £1.00 . (8 rolls for £1). May not be in all stores and they will be selling fast.
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 May 2017 at 1:29AM
    Options
    Just spotted this offer, which seems like a good price to me, (working out to just over 23p a roll) for a 3 ply "luxury" type roll, but I've never tried this particular brand. Can anyone recommend?

Edited to add the quantity *doh* :)
  • fitnessguy1
    fitnessguy1 Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    i usually get cushelle or velvet in 12-16 packs. i have tried some of sainsburys and asda own brand paper and it's nowhere near as good. where would you say are the best stores to buy good quality toilet paper for a good price?
  • MrJones1
    MrJones1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    If you want to cut your costs you should consider buying toilet paper in bulk. You should try different brands until you find one that has a quality that suits you well. Unfortunately the own brand paper can sometimes be of low quality, so just keep up the work of finding the right one. On Amazon there should be different bulk suppliers once you have found a brand that works for you. Good luck.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2017 at 8:15PM
    Options
    You could try Waitrose Essential toilet roll. Not cheap and thin as you would expect. Definitely thicker than the thin stuff Sainsburys does. Also alot softer than you think when compared with other supermarkets cheap paper t rolls.

At the momment there is a good deal going on until 11th July.

Normal price per pack £3.75 of 9 rolls, 240 sheets, total area 27.6 mtrs.

Offer at the mo is 2 packs for £6. But if you have thier myWaitrose card you can get another 20% of the original £3.75 price, so another £1.50.

So you get £7.50 worth of T rolls for £4.50, basically £2.25 a pack.

Give them a try you will be surprised.

Ps. The Nicky brigade will be around soon. Not really worth the extra you have to pay for them. Basically it's a kitchen roll cut in 2.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • pakokelso93
    pakokelso93 Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Soz "Nicky Brigade" - £3.95 for 18 decent thick 3ply rolls in B&M, Home Bargains, Savers etc. Good for me.

Lidl Cushelle offer now and again is around £7.99 for a 24 pack. You need to watch out for. Or At the moment Superdrug has Velvet for £3 for 9 not bad.
    PK! :money:
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Last week Farmfoods were doing the Nicky loo rolls @3 pks of 18 for £10. My car boot is full !!! Not sure if the £10 offer is still on .....been away this week.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    peewhyeff wrote: »
    Last week Farmfoods were doing the Nicky loo rolls @3 pks of 18 for £10. My car boot is full !!! Not sure if the £10 offer is still on .....been away this week.

Been on offer at this price at Farmfoods for along time about 2months I think.

Short of increases in imports it no doubt be going on for months to come yet.

So you didn't have to go mad in one go.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing