Survey Instructed!

Options
If we’ve had our survey instructed by our Bank does this mean we’ve passed all the check to get a mortgage and the only thing that would stop us getting it now would be the survey result?

Coming from a poor credit background due to a repossession in 2013 we are a bit scared something will come up when everything seem to be going ok.

Bank was told about repossession but said it was ok even told us to tick the non repossession box as it’s all paid off and no longer on our file.

But it is included in our factfile document.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If we’ve had our survey instructed by our Bank does this mean we’ve passed all the check to get a mortgage and the only thing that would stop us getting it now would be the survey result?

Coming from a poor credit background due to a repossession in 2013 we are a bit scared something will come up when everything seem to be going ok.

Bank was told about repossession but said it was ok even told us to tick the non repossession box as it’s all paid off and no longer on our file.

But it is included in our factfile document.

If there is a question about repossession and the wording was such that you answered it truthfully then its unlikely to have any comeback from it. Its unusual to answer No to that type of question though.

Every lender has different processes for assessing cases and instructing vals. Which lender is it?
  • daniele9390
    Options
    Who are you with? When we first applied for Santander they did a very basic check on us the day of application and booked in the valuation straight away. Once the valuation report came back they did whatever they needed to do and then did a very indepth search on you and go through all of your paperwork. That's when you may find they start asking questions, but I thought they only hold records for 6 years, so you should be fine with regards to repossession info?.... I think so anyway!
  • The_Lakesman
    Options
    It's with Natwest, I'm using the tracker to check my progress and all the assessments have now been ticked and deleted and just the valuation survey remains outstanding before the move to section 2 and the offer.

I'm still nervous but all seems ok up to now.

JMA. My advisor at the bank told me to tick no on the repossession question even though I told her everything about it. She said its no longer on your report so it's ok.
  • The_Lakesman
    Options
    I did all the in-depth Question and credit check last week, they only wanted an extra 3-months wage slip to prove i get OT all-time I've been saying I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure