Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Never mind the s senior citizens bit what day is it on pls lol Nellie are you up for it :D
    Hi em, looks like it was today :(
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Has she ? Welcome to the club bubbs . Nellie won’t be long either now :D

Oh I've got a couple more years to go yet :D
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    He was in the long shot...:rotfl:

33asck3.jpg

Just perfect.

Just catching up on the breakfast bars zippy.....had I been around I would have gone for those. Mr TM takes them out on his bike.

Unfortunately I’ve just been buying stuff willy nilly again.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me:o:rotfl:

Expensive bread again in Marksies:o

89_C663_CC-8277-4_E77-_A612-9_F6_D612_BF68_D.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    Oh thank you I need t bags x

Careful Claire, Tetley offer ends today in Tesco - might roll over, best to check tomorrow.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 6:46PM
    Options
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    Thanks savvy are these the multi pack flavour or just the salt and vinegar x

All versions of this range are multipacks but I know what you mean - they are just Salt & Vinegar: 6x25g packs of Walkers Baked Salt & Vinegar in the one bag.

(You mean are they the Walker's Baked Variety pack? No, they are not - that is a no-go as far as triggering is concerned - it is fully in stock - but it might be bought with EITHER (not both!) the Baked Salt & Vinegar or the Ketchup Crisps, and will appear and hopefully compare, only against M at £1 now as T's offer has ended:mad:. You'll want 3 for £3, obviously, and be careful on versions of Baked Crisps vs attempt against M, and indeed on the standard 6 pack Walkers crisps too, as M does not have all versions that A has. For instance, I saw a Walkers Pickled Onion 6 pack crisps winking at me last time I tried to find another standard 6 pack crisps I wanted, trying to trip me up. I wasn't having it - I do not have that one anywhere in M - even though it took me some time to find the Cheese & Onion flavour that I actually wanted: eventually I found it, one multipack left, on the bottom of another shelf. Ritz Bakefuls Salt & Vinegar only or the comparable Jacob's Cheddars/Cheddars Crispy Thins might be better items vs M due to higher individual price in A. Or the Kettle Bites:D, £1.89 individual A price, in twos - hopefully one of each of the versions of those that A has online will pick up M pricing.)
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Of course you don't have to target M (and can't do so if you are shopping in Northern Ireland). You could buy the right Sunbites or, worse, Walkers standard crisps multipacks that are in A's offer and that S has at £1 each, together with Baked Salt & Vinegar 6x25g, with Muller Rices and Lights that Sains has at 35p and the Christmas Bakery trigger, and the crisps/snacks might glitch too.
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Careful Claire, Tetley offer ends today in Tesco - might roll over, best to check tomorrow.
    Will do thanks x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening folks :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Claire1972
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    All versions of this range are multipacks but I know what you mean - they are just Salt & Vinegar: 6x25g packs of Walkers Baked Salt & Vinegar in the one bag.

(You mean are they the Walker's Baked Variety pack? No, they are not - that is a no-go as far as triggering is concerned - it is fully in stock - but it might be bought with EITHER (not both!) the Baked Salt & Vinegar or the Ketchup Crisps, and will appear and hopefully compare, only against M at £1 now as T's offer has ended:mad:. You'll want 3 for £3, obviously, and be careful on versions of Baked Crisps vs attempt against M, and indeed on the standard 6 pack Walkers crisps too, as M does not have all versions that A has. For instance, I saw a Walkers Pickled Onion 6 pack crisps winking at me last time I tried to find another standard 6 pack crisps I wanted, trying to trip me up. I wasn't having it - I do not have that one anywhere in M - even though it took me some time to find the Cheese & Onion flavour that I actually wanted: eventually I found it, one multipack left, on the bottom of another shelf. Ritz Bakefuls Salt & Vinegar only or the comparable Jacob's Cheddars/Cheddars Crispy Thins might be better items vs M due to higher individual price in A. Or the Kettle Bites:D, £1.89 individual A price, in twos - hopefully one of each of the versions of those that A has online will pick up M pricing.)

Thanking you savvy xx
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • Claire1972
    Options
    annoyed with myself today smashed my iPhone screen :mad:
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »

For the sake of 25p, might be best to buy them in Tesco today if you need them desperately this time (and if you can find stock there - might have more luck as at least it is not a busy weekend shopping night but a quiter Tuesday night, although it is before Christmas so maybe unfortunately it is not that quiet).

I'd say it was off already on the APG and is £6.39 on t.com - I wouldn't even go within 24 hours of an end date. If an offer is ending on 5th December (today), I would have completed all my shopping on 3rd December if I knew about it then - and if I found out about it later, I'll miss it out altogether. The APG usually changes to full price the day before and ruins any shopping I try against T:mad:. However if, later tonight, we see the Baxters soup shop against W also pick up T's expiring 4 for £3 mbuy, then the Tetley might stand a chance if receipts are in and checked before 6am tomorrow - although, even then, the price updates could have been at different times on t.com today and the Tetley could fail. You can otherwise wait for T to put the offer back on or be looking around for some alternative tea to compare against somewhere else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure