what is a years supply?

Options
2»

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What about the Jude's Ice Cream. I think that says it's 52 tubs delivered in one lot? I always wondered how people store it!

I could get most of them in a 3 drawer fridge freezer and to be honest if you like ice cream it is a push to say one tub makes two portions rather than just a generous one unless you are having it on the side with say hot apple crumble .

as posted on one of the comps
    Thats only 26 litres, a decent sized freezer should be easily able to store 100 litres upwards (if you decant the ice cream into 4 L storage tubs you only need 7 and they can be had at under £16 for 10
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    Options
    Ahh, okay. Thanks for the info. My freezer is always pretty stuffed, so would still probably struggle!
  • lemonade11
    lemonade11 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I once won a years supply of Green and Blacks chocolate and there was about 12 huge boxes (with about 40 bars in each). Was pretty chuffed! That does sound a bit lean! Was there anything in the T&CS?
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,024 Forumite
    Options
    I won a years supply (10 sacks) of cat litter.

I can't tell you if it really was a years supply because it wasn't to fussy madam's liking.

Our local Blue Cross rescue centre appreciated it, though!
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    lemonade11 wrote: »
    I once won a years supply of Green and Blacks chocolate and there was about 12 huge boxes (with about 40 bars in each). Was pretty chuffed! That does sound a bit lean! Was there anything in the T&CS?
    That sounds like my dream prize!:D
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.foodism.co.uk/competition/win-a-years-supply-of-thomson-and-scott-prosecco/ = Twelve-Month Subscription to the Thomson & Scott Prosecco Club. The service delivers a case of six bottles of Thomson & Scott Skinny Prosecco 75cl every three months direct to your door.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • GAD1981
    GAD1981 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I won a years supply of dog treats and got 12 small bags. I guess one a month is reasonable?
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Recently won a year's supply of gin - it was more of a 'gin subscription' as they do either one bottle (and box of stuff) every month or every two months or less frequently. I got the middle one: a bottle/box every 2 months. More than happy with that as it's really decent stuff. Not a huge gin fan(!) but I don't mind it for a daytime weekend drink, and it's so handy as a lot of my friends drink it and my OH doesn't mind the odd tipple either! And it's great for cocktails! Might even be giving the odd bottle as presents/for parties!
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I once won a year's supply of Dentastix.
    I gave it a good go but just couldn't eat more than one at a time.
    The year's supply was one stick per day.
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well after many e mails, (I had almost given up) they said they were sending some more out and yesterday I received 6 large pkts and 4 small ones along with a box of sachets (only available in Waitrose the lady said) so was really pleased, today van pulled up again and there was 2 more large pkt and a box of instant sachets. Breakfast anyone???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure