PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 12th February 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    C'mon Nanny, get with the program! :) Gers, bit of a shock that, hope there was no shower of glass!
    Well, appointment went well, they found micrometastases [tiny bits] in one node, and none in the rest so huzzah...And they aspirated the seroma without a fight about it so double huzzah.
    Hope your appt goes well too Holly :)
    For the rest of the day I will be watching house building type programs to see whats availalbe ofr extension building for future reference and some gok filling peoples houses for free to allay my diy obsession...and repairing a firend of the OHs coat, have started on the patching with thread job, have to wear my I-can't-see-close-up-anymore glasses for that one :)
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 February 2019 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Apologies all. Yes it is Tuesday :doh: I was probably wishing it was Monday again as I hate going with Mr Fix It because there's always some sort of problem, but he needs moral support ( as in someone to talk to ) and supervision :rotfl:.

Right heading out the door in a moment, just waiting for the WM to finish.
    I'll try that again.......

Happy TUESDAY all !!
    PS.taff I'm glad your appointment went as well as expected. Sorry I still seem to be all over the shop today :(
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    Well, appointment went well, they found micrometastases [tiny bits] in one node, and none in the rest so huzzah...And they aspirated the seroma without a fight about it so double huzzah.
    Hope your appt goes well too Holly :)
    I'm pleased the appointment went well. Good news that they only found micrometastases in one node and that the rest are clear :). Now that the seroma has been drained hopefully you will start to heal and be a lot more comfortable. I remember the having to sleep on the sofa because of the surgery stage, hopefully it won't be long until you are able to sleep in your bed again.

My appointment went ok as well thanks. I'm healing really well and should be able to start the radiotherapy on the side I had done first by the end of March.

Nanny I hope that you don't have to wait too long for Mr Fixit to have his injection this afternoon.
    Gers that must have been a terrible scare for you, thankfully it didn't break and shatter you with glass.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone x
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    Gers, bit of a shock that, hope there was no shower of glass!

Gers that must have been a terrible scare for you, thankfully it didn't break and shatter you with glass.

Thanks - I did get a fright. No idea where the end of the bulb is, the bit with the bayonet fitting in has jumped somewhere. I think it's under the big sofa as it's not in sight.

On the way home I bought some calves liver, a very rare treat, which I've just had with piles of caramelised onions and veg. I've filled in some forms and made an appointment for myself at a Glasgow hospital. My referral to gynae came through but, as I'm so far away I get the option to call up and make an appointment over the phone. Nothing nasty or urgent, I just want a chat about removing the TVT which was put in August 2001. Probably not even any action.

The postman has brought a couple of things from A mazon, he even stopped for a chat. He's mostly very grumpy though mostly helpful.

I've a new Mick Herron book to read, this one is set in Newcastle so the places mentioned are very familiar. I'll tuck myself under the heated throw for a couple hours of being sedentary! :rotfl:
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon folks. Well today's appointments for the poorlies seemed to go well. I hope Mr Fixit and NAN are not kept waiting too long at their Oncology appt.

As usual I had a lovely meet up with my friend, followed by lunch. We have decided to work our way through the menu as everything looks really nice! Today we had Broccoli and Cheese bake with salad and garlic bread. It was lovely but rather a small serving (or are we gluttons!) The next table had Chicken Winter Casserole which was in a much bigger dish than ours, accompanied by crusty bread. We overheard the man say it was very tasty so guess what we are having next week!!

A little trawl of the shops followed and just time for the nearing sell by date shop before bus time. More delicious Dole frozen raspberries to add to my stash and at 2 bags for £1 a real bargain. Plus a ginormous pack of cooking bacon - 910 gms for £1.29. Just portioned 7 bags of chopped pieces up and hardly any fat to cut off. That'll keep my soup making going for a while.

Now awaiting the wm finishing and will hang on the airer upstairs. Then I am going to look into the possibility of a water meter. My elderly neighbours pay on average £18 a month for their usage, whereas my bill without a meter is £60 a month - just for me! That would be a big saving for me.

Righto wm now finished. Take care all. NELSKI I was with you in spirit honest!! xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Afternoon all. Had a trip out today. Went to a large garden centrr for a look round. Then we decided to go on to Weston Super Mare. We had a walk along the seafront and a look around the shops. I am looking for a little wooden handled hairbrush to keep in my handbag but no luck today.

Mr Gintot treated us to a Greggs steak bake. We know how to live!

Nannyw hope Mr Fixit's oncology visit goes well..

Taff good news. Hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Specky snap I just came out with a cold too.

Well hugs to all who need them. Hang in there Spring is just around the corner.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My appointment went ok as well thanks. I'm healing really well and should be able to start the radiotherapy on the side I had done first by the end of March.

Definitely a fun day with no chores then!! :) and a celebration tomorrow too!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TA, we had a meter put in a few years ago and our bills went down to a third of what they were and we certainly don't stint ourselves, although we don't really water the garden which I gather can push the bills up a lot.

Good news Holly and -taff. I wish I could report good news but Steve is still in hospital. He's now been told they'll keep him for 48 hours after his temps normalise but this evening he's back up to 38.6 again! His platelets etc are all still very low as well. He seems a bit better in himself though so hopefully it's just a very slow recovery.

Sue goes home tomorrow so I will take her to the station at MK before toddling off to the hospital. We had lunch at Wimpole Hall NT so we only need a snack meal tonight. I still feel quite full.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well after two weeks of gas men faffing around, my gas fire had been deemed kaputt:(
    Need to go n look for a new one tomoz grrr.This one's only 4 years old :eek:
    TA my water bill was £50 without a meter, n it's only £22 with one, so go for it hun x;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    TA agree with going for the meter ....£206 last year for me and yes I do shower :D

candy :mad::mad: so sorry hun this has been a farce
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport