• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi H,

Well done on the payments and I hope you're having a nice day off xx
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good evening, had a good day with lots of exercise (this is part of my job so need to get on with training) - got the car back and cost slightly less at £409 as we have a service plan so get a discount, still a lot of money. I have booked it in for it's service and MOT for a few weeks time.

Expenses still to be paid in to bank and still waiting for credit card statement, I get child benefit in tomorrow so as soon as the statement comes then I can pay a lump sum.

Kids have 4 days left at school then holidays, will be lovely to spend some time with them.

That's it, nothing exciting but sometimes that's a good thing.

H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Evening all, not a lot to report - still waiting for expenses to be paid and pay day is on Wednesday. I have decided to swop over some planned expenses for July and August as when I get paid in August it will be a bit late to get dd's uniform so swapping that and the flights. I have a few bits of income from surveys to hit the account so will transfer to credit card when it arrives.

In own business news, I went went to see the advisor and he was fab - he explained that the direction I was originally heading in is a minefield in terms of legal paperwork and fees and has suggested I become a sole trader, this way I can still apply for the funding but I have full control over my business and what I want to do. I need to now get that bank account sorted and also get public liability insurance. I also need to get the website on the go, I already have the domain, and start booking the venue for a block of sessions.

No funds in the bank before pay day but we have lots of food and just needed milk and butter today. I have one birthday this week but the present and card are ready and will save on postage as my parents will see her at the weekend so they can take it with them.

I'm planning on going back to having cash for our weekly expenses i.e. food, fuel, spends - that way we can clearly see what we are spending. At the moment I have a £0 budget on ynab to try and reduce our spends, last month we did spend significally less but there's still a long way to go.

Back to exercise tomorrow as I've had a cold and sore throat for a couple of days, I told hubby on Friday that I didn't feel right and then on Saturday I felt lousy when I woke up. Better this evening though!

H x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi Huggle, bleurgh to the cold and sore throat, but glad your feeling better.

Pleased everything is going in the right direction for your business, have a good week.xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I seem to be busier now it's the holidays - I did not stop yesterday between shopping with the kids, we went swimming, then our club night and up to the leisure centre to book some sports sessions plus book a block for my new business. The leisure centre staff are fab and they are going to sort me out with a special rate for the hall hire :j

Shopping went well, we have most of dd uniform, just need to order trousers but so far have spent - DD DD school uniform £100/£61.20

DD had her summer clothes/shoes budget £100 and she has £13 left.

DS shoes/trainers budget £50 - only spent £27.99

Food shopping is an ongoing battle but dh is getting better, need to do a menu today and go shopping. Also need to pop out to pass on some school clothes that don't fit ds and pick up 2 tops in exchange, a parent has organised an donation and exchange session, then pop to get some grow bags so I can transfer the tomato plants.

Payment made to credit card which brings the balance down to £1500 - current progress towards monthly target 16th July - 15th August £126.76/£267

Business jobs to do:
    Waiting for bank account details then I can finish my grant application form.
    Set up budget page on excel
    Work on website with hubby this weekend
    I took photos of a kid yesterday who will be the face of my company (with parental permission!) so need to sort photos.
    Public Liability Insurance
    Posters/small amount of flyers
    Get t-shirt made with logo

Back later, H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Good afternoon, another couple of busy days but really pleased that I managed to tidy the garden yesterday and transplant the tomatoes into bags plus also got rid of the wood from the old decking to the tip.

Went swimming with hubby this morning (lane swim), not used to just doing lengths and it's wiped me out! I'm trying not to nap so I've put together a clothes rail as mine collapsed inside the built in cupboard but no point in fixing as it's going to get ripped out anyway. The clothes rail will do as a temporary fix and then we can use it to hang our wetsuits.

Small payment made to credit card from survey earnings - which brings the balance down to £1496.25 - current progress towards monthly target 16th July - 15th August £130.51/£267.

Business jobs to do:
    Waiting for bank account details then I can finish my grant application form - still waiting
    Set up budget page on excel - done
    Work on website with hubby this weekend
    I took photos of a kid yesterday who will be the face of my company (with parental permission!) so need to sort photos.
    Public Liability Insurance - quotes obtained but need bank account!!
    Posters/small amount of flyers
    Get t-shirt made with logo - emailed factory for prices

H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Morning all! Amazing how the time flies when you're setting up your own business.

Home things first:

I'm so embarrassed at how my house looks, honestly peeling wallpaper, really chipped wood work and things falling apart, I was a bit cross yesterday but then I had a word with myself as we're getting there and paying off debt so it will happen over time. Anyway yesterday I did a deep clean of the lounge and hallway, today it's the kitchen including behind the fridge :eek: It's an enforced day at home as I have a delivery coming at some point for my events and at present no schedule time.

No payments to credit card but need to catch up with surveys, I have submitted my expenses claim so when that eventually comes in I'll send that over. Spends already done for July August and still to do:

July pay - DD summer clothes/shoes done, DS shoes/trainers budget done, Flights £250, travel ins not much - moved to August/September pay.

August - DD school uniform mostly done - just need trousers DS birthday £75, Home insurance - planning to pay in full, current quote £85-100, Holiday £100.

We managed to reduce our food budget again last month but it's still way too high, I did pick up lots of reduced meat yesterday which is in the freezer so need to do a meal plan around what we've got.

Business:
    Waiting for bank account details then I can finish my grant application form - still waiting
    Set up budget page on excel - done
    Work on website with hubby this weekend - nearly ready, just need to upload a few documents
    I took photos of a kid yesterday who will be the face of my company (with parental permission!) so need to sort photos - done
    Public Liability Insurance - done and paid first installment so need to recoup cost when I get some income
    Posters/small amount of flyers - still to do
    Sessions - first 2 block are booked so have started sharing the information, I will intensify this over the next few weeks.
    Get t-shirt made with logo - emailed factory for prices - usual factory coming out expensive £7.50 for a plain white junior t-shirt! I popped into another company who can do it for £5.50 each.

Right washing needs hanging out, H x
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    A few surveys done on one site and request small payout of £3 so sent over to credit card now at £1493.25 - current progress towards monthly target 16th July - 15th August £133.51/£267

It all helps!
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Rant warning - just to get it out of my system - Car has gone in today for MOT and service, it's failed the MOT and needs new rear shock absorbers another £300 to pay out so that's £750 in the last two months. Fed up beyond belief at never being able to get ahead and dh is really cheesed off! Is it worth having a more expensive car on finance or just getting a second hand older car that if it starts costing loads to repair you just scrap it and move on?

My Dad has lent us the money to be fair so that is a massive help and although we need to pay it back he said not to worry about it at the moment.

Waiting for dh to come home from work, I know he's going to be so fed up but these things happen just makes me more determined to get out of debt.

I need to catch up on surveys, expenses have been authorised from work but not yet paid, business website is up and running hopefully will start to get bookings over the next few weeks. I also need to update ynab in a minute to make sure it's all straight.

Had a lovely day out with my brother and sister who are visiting for a few days, we took the kids and my nephew to a tree top climbing place and although a bit dodgy in places it was good fun. My brother paid for it so I did treat the kids to dinner.

H x
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your car but I have just gone through the same thing with mine. It kept going wrong and I kept paying out but last week I had had enough. I wanted it to last about another year and then I would have had enough saved up to buy a newer car. Alas it was not to be.

So I bit the bullet and bought a newer car on finance. The loan can be overpaid so as soon as my old credit card is finally paid off next month, I will start overpaying. I also worked out that I can afford the monthly payments and although it is a five year loan, there is no way I am going to let it run it’s course.

I bought newer because I really do need a reliable car to get to work and get the kids to various clubs. I can do it on public transport but it is a pain and takes forever. I also need a car to take the kids to their dad’s every three weeks as we meet half way on the m25.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure