How to work out term time only pay please...

Options
Hello all, I am going for a job interview next week and really need to work out the salary as it is a term time only position.

The salary is 23500.00 and the role is term time plus 2 weeks (total of 43 weeks). I have no idea how they work it out and have already been told several different things so don't want to go along if it is not financially viable for me....

Any help gratefully received please....

By the way I would be transferring over my existing hols which are a total of 28 days plus stat days.. I am not sure how that fits in to the equation

Thanks, Moll

Comments

• elsietanner71
    elsietanner71 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2010 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Hi

I have worked it out as £19432.69 (dividing 23500 by 52 then multiply by 43) but I'm not sure this would be the correct way to work it?

Did it state the pro rata pay anywhere in the application pack?
  • mollygrub
    mollygrub Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks elsie! I am not sure but I know you only get paid for the 43 weeks. I think this may be the way you do it but want to be doubly sure as don't want to go for the job if it is a lot less than my current role.... Thanks!
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've worked it out the same £19,432, it really is as simple as salary divided by 52 and times 43.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • mollygrub
    mollygrub Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks very much Sammyjammy x
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    It might work out as a lower figure, depending on the amount of hours worked per day. If, for example, you are only in work during the time the children are in school, you won't be classed as working a full day (5-5.5 hours, because you don't get paid for lunch hour, compared to 7-7.5 hours in most other full time jobs - again no paid lunch hour, but working until later in the day)
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    School time based salaries seem to be really complicated since some rolls they pay during the holidays.

If I went for a job that said salary £23.5k py hours xxxx 43 weeks set holidays I would expect £23.5k

If it said pro rata then I would want a breakdown.

(28+8)36 days holiday pay on top of 43 weeks is 50 weeks anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure