Revised CSA assessmnent

Options
++

Got the outcome of my appeal today - they've upped what I'm to pay and have kindly backdated it to 08/05/06 because when they re-did my assessment they forgot to include the CTC element for my girlfriends daughter...

The assessment required has gone from £64.11 to £64.99 so the CSA is going to take £67.11 :rolleyes: because I've obviously got so much cash left...

This doesn't take into account the amount that they want for arrears on top of that (I'm expecting that letter to come through the door in the next few days)...

++

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought there was a minimum threshold whereby if the assessment does not go up or down by a tenner a week, they don't change it. In the case of a Departure the threshold is 1 pound. So as the increase is less than 1 pound, it should not change. Check this out.
  • krashovr10ad
    Options
    ++
    The assessment required has gone from £64.11 to £64.99
    Sorry - I was working off the wrong assessment page when I wrote that...

The important bit is still that my maintenance assessment has changed because my household income effectively went up by £15 a week because of the CTC element for my partners child and the CSA forgot to include this when doing their last re-calculation...

So in effect my partners child is paying towards to the upkeep of my child - there is no other way to put it. This money simply wasn't there before I moved in with my partner. I thought this money was supposed to help with child care costs and the like..? How can they can this as disposable income..??

Hmmm - I need to check to make sure that they've deducted my pension although that's a joke too...

Oh - Happy New Year everyone!

++
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think they should take CTC into consideration :o

happy new year anyway x
  • loopychicken
    Options
    hi ive been searching for a csa thread for some time an now there is one

my partner had a fling just before he met me an a child was produced now he says he doesnt want anything to do with this child its a longer storie but basicly she wants a baby an tricked a man

so anyway he says if u do have the child i will support it he offered money
    she sed not enough an she want him to support fully as in everythin we cant afford what she is askin for an besideds why should he pay for absolutly everythin includin nappies food clothes an rent

so now she says she goin csa which is fine
    at least we get a dna test that we can afford

but we av never delt with csa
    what do they take in to account

its so confusing on the web site

i know they take a mortgage in to account but what about rent ours is expencive an also the car loan an maintenence if we dont have a car we cant work an then we would have no money for them to asses us on any way

plus there is other loans

and what about my income were not married but why do they want to asses me an what i get for MY child i think this rule is wrong

any help apriciated
    thanks
    Which came first the chicken or the egg....suppose it depends on which one is mispriced...i know not funny :o
  • krashovr10ad
    Options
    ++

I can't believe I'm about to say this but - let her go to the CSA. She won't get anything like what she's demanding at the moment and there will be a ceiling on what you will be expected to pay...

I'm not sure how things go on with DNA tests though - there was no doubt about the parentage of my child..

If you're concerned there are good people on here to talk too (even if we don't always see eye to eye) and there's always the CAB...

++
  • Zara33
    Zara33 Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    Options
    ++

I'm not sure how things go on with DNA tests though - there was no doubt about the parentage of my child..

++

If an alleged father is disputing parentage then the CSA will offer to do a paternity test, the alleged father will have to pay for this. If however the alleged father turns out not to be the father then he will get back the fee he paid for the paternity test.

If he is the father then the CSA will make an assessment from the time the woman first put in the claim.

Personally i think it might be better to involve the CSA then this other woman can't demand this that and the next thing if the paternity test comes back positive.
    Hit the snitch button!
    member #1 of the official warning clique.
    :D:j:D
    Feel the love baby!
  • Lil2002
    Lil2002 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Zara33 wrote:
    If he is the father then the CSA will make an assessment from the time the woman first put in the claim.

No, the effective date is the date that the father was first contacted.

Loopy Chicken, the CSA will look at your partners earnings, and if he has any children in his household. This would be a new rules case, so mortgages/living costs don't get taken into consideration.

They'll ask for payslips from around the date they contact him, or permission to go to his employer. (If you ignore the letters, they can go directly to the employer anyway.)

If the amount on the payslips is about the same, that's the amount they will use - yes, including any overtime, or bonuses. If he only does overtime rarely, they won't include it.
    They will take off tax, national insurance and all of any pension he pays into. If you have a child in your household, they will take 15% off of the net amount.
    (So say he earns £250 -
    they'll take off 15% = £37.50, for the child in his house
    £250 - £37.50 = £212.50
    and then they'll take 15% maintenance
    £212.50 x 15% = £31.87.
    Which means weekly maintenance would be £32 as it gets rounded to the nearest pound.)

Money is due from the first contact from the CSA to your partner.
  • Zara33
    Options
    Lil2002 wrote:
    No, the effective date is the date that the father was first contacted.

:o Sorry my mistake i stand corrected thanks.
    Hit the snitch button!
    Feel the love baby!
  • Lil2002
    Lil2002 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    No worries - Hope I didn't seem rude there?!? :beer:
  • Zara33
    Options
    Lil2002 wrote:
    No worries - Hope I didn't seem rude there?!? :beer:

Not at all :D :beer:
    Hit the snitch button!
    Feel the love baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family