Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    "Stalkng" the tcb account is the perfect way to describe it :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    "Stalkng" the tcb account is the perfect way to describe it :D

I think I crashed my app for a while as I couldn't get into it for ages!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Having a fantastic mini break, well worth the money as we have made so many memories. Have a lovely evening planned before heading home tomorrow morning. I think it could easily become our regular holiday destination. Weather has been great today so we spent a few hours at the beach (went yesterday but wasn't as warm).

Spends have been very low, £26 on fresh groceries on way down and spent <£20 since we have been here. Will be able to use cash for fuel for drive home and probably be able to overpay the TCB which should hit account on Monday.

We have already been thinking about our next break, the children have absolutely loved it!
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds lovely. Glad had great time
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • CathT
    Options
    Holiday was fab, budgeted £100 for spends whilst there and actually spent £25!!

Used cash to fill car with petrol for drive home and will also last me until Friday. Will have to plan carefully as DH doesn't get a wage next week so might have to work a week ahead of ourselves in terms of food and petrol spends.

I do however have some £10 off £30 vouchers to use at Mr T.

Since getting home after lunch I have done 2 loads of washing which are currently on the line, completely unpacked helped by DH, been for a 5k run, played football in the garden with DS and planted some seeds! Will ask DH to get some sandpaper and rub down herb planter so I can get it painted this week.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Goodness so busy. Was it Woolacombe you went to?
  • CathT
    Options
    We went to Exmouth and will definitely be back. We have been to woolacombe before as well. We went swimming every day, had 2 days at the beach, played on lots of parks and made amazing memories. I think we will have lots of holidays there. Dd's birthday is months away but as she has already mentally planned it, she has requested to go back for the following birthday. I am thinking more of a quick weekend trip before the summer holidays. Only thing we would do differently is pay for a better caravan, ours was adequate but not centrally heated and it was quite cold despite the mild weather.

The holiday was a fab chanc to improve the chldren's confidence in certain areas, DS only started swimming lessons a couple of months ago and has been quite nervous. It was so lovely seeing him explore the pool with his armbands on and me following him. Dd meanwhile was a bit of a daredevil and loved the slides! Once was enough for me!
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry of course you said Exmouth.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you all had a great time, I'm so impressed with your low spending well done :T
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Mr Goldie had an aunt and uncle who lived in Exmouth. I always used to like going down to visit.

Glad you enjoyed your break:)
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family