any CSA or JSA experts on here pls ?

Options
Im going to keep this short so I wind myself up and bust a blood vessel :D

Since May I should be getting £5 per week of my ex cause he chucked in his job and went on JSA, 6 months later still havnt received anything. Well, 2 weeks ago I made a complaint to a CRO and a lady rang me up and said my case was 'broke' and she dont know why but my case worker hadnt actioned any requests for maintance from the DSS :rolleyes: she said that I was to be compensated for the loss as it was their fault and for all the telephone calls I have had to make.

This morning got another call from them, apparently they have put in requests for money off my ex's JSA, but the benefits agency keep refusing them and not giving any reason :rolleyes: she said they are dealing with my case, I suggested them doing a search on his NINO, and she said that they are enforcing a trace.

The conversation ended with her offering to refund me for my phone calls and a promise to get in touch soon :rolleyes: so what about them compensating me for the maintenace I have lost out on and what I am entitled to when they didnt do what they should have done :confused:

So im sitting here swallowing another fob off yet again :mad:

Comments

• Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds as though your case has gone clerical. I know the CSA is in complete chaos. They have opened up a centre in Bolton and even other staff cannot get through to them.

Compo - this is from the Special Payments Team and you should receive a letter as to why they have refused it.

Where is your CSAC?
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It may not have gone clerical yet - this has to be requested and takes ages. It has to be prompted by an official complaint by either the PWC or NRP (this is for stuck cases) and the team will give a date by which it might be fixed. If this does not happen, then the case officer needs to ask for permission to make it clerical and give that permission to those dealing with trying to fix the stuck case. Once it has been made clerical, it takes months as there is a huge backlog of such cases.

The only people who can offer any compensation are the special payments team and this is referred by a case officer with a recommendation for such a payment.

The BA can't refuse to deduct his maintenance from his JSA unless they are asking him to pay all the arrears which will leave him with no money? But that is highly unlikely to be the case. They don't need to trace him, as they are already paying his JSA and so have his details. CSA can access these records for viewing.

The BA need to clarify why no money has been deducted. If it was that the CSA failed to apply for the money, then you should be compensated.
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote:
    The BA need to clarify why no money has been deducted. If it was that the CSA failed to apply for the money, then you should be compensated.
    yes thats what one of the CRO's said to me last week when she rang that the CSA hadnt applied to the benefits agency for the £5 per week deduction, and that I would receive the money that I was supposed to have had in that time as a compensation payment, 6 months worth, then today another CRO rang me and told me a completely different story about the benefits agency refusing the payments, I honestly dont know what to believe :o

I just want the 6 months money owed so I can spend it on my daughter for winter, feel like driving round the ex's home town on a stake out and doing the CSAs job for them as im sure he must be working again :eek:
  • MissMotivation
    Options
    Scarlett1 wrote:
    yes thats what one of the CRO's said to me last week when she rang that the CSA hadnt applied to the benefits agency for the £5 per week deduction, and that I would receive the money that I was supposed to have had in that time as a compensation payment, 6 months worth, then today another CRO rang me and told me a completely different story about the benefits agency refusing the payments, I honestly dont know what to believe :o

I just want the 6 months money owed so I can spend it on my daughter for winter, feel like driving round the ex's home town on a stake out and doing the CSAs job for them as im sure he must be working again :eek:

Good Luck with it! The benefits agency was supposed to be deducting £5 a week from my Ex's JSA and I was supposed to be receiving this via the CSA............this was 4 years ago and I have received nothing! Repeated phonecalls to the CSA have gotten nowhere. Ex did have the £5 deducted for a short while apparantly but it has never been forwarded to me! I have now given up!
    My home is usually the House Buying, Renting and Selling Forum where I can be found trying to (sometimes unsucessfully) prove that not all Estate Agents are crooks. With 20 years experience of Sales/Lettings and having bought and sold many of my own properties I've usually got something to say ;)
    Ignore......check!
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    Good Luck with it! The benefits agency was supposed to be deducting £5 a week from my Ex's JSA and I was supposed to be receiving this via the CSA............this was 4 years ago and I have received nothing! Repeated phonecalls to the CSA have gotten nowhere. Ex did have the £5 deducted for a short while apparantly but it has never been forwarded to me! I have now given up!
    oh my goodness :eek: you are entitled to that money that was deducted and held onto by the CSA, give it one more go before you give up and get that money owed to you :)
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    Go to your MPs NOW!!! They can get the matter cleared up by asking specific questions which require a written response. They can request your case be considered for compensation too. Don't give up, it it's owed to you, then fight for it!
  • flufff
    flufff Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My ex has been fraudelently on capacity benefit for last five years I didnt get the fiver a week either.He doesnt see his kids.
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    If he was assessed under the new rules, then he is not exempt from paying the fiver per week. If it was under the old rules then he would have probably had a nil assessment.
  • flufff
    flufff Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My ex had nil assessment.Which is better old rules or new rules and why?Or does it depend on circumstances like number of kids?Also can I asked for it to be changed?
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    The new rules virtually ensure you get at least a fiver, whereas the old system allowed for many nil assessments. THe old would benefit you if he was a higher earner with low housing costs, the new should benefit more as housing costs are ignored altogether, so it depends largely on those two lots of circumstances. I would get less on the new system but it is due to end soon anyway and he owes over 28k, if he thinks he would benefit he should update his details but he chooses not to, so he must think he is better off as he is. I don't care either way but as he refuses to pay anyway it's up to him if he wants to build up a huge debt. In your circmstances if he is on benefits, you would get a fiver compared to nil, but if his circumstances change for the better, you may get more if you remain as you are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure