Leasing and Underwriter wants Bank Statments

Options
Room237
Room237 Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi All,

Would really appreciate some advice on this.

Recently started out as a freelance graphic designer and in the process of applying to lease a new computer.

I have had a request for 2 months bank statements from the leasing company's underwriter and am concerned that on paper my finances don't look good! As I am jut starting out I have had to borrow cash from friends and family to tide me over until invoices from clients have been paid.

As I am already in this process would it affect my credit score if I refused to supply statements until a time when my finances are more consistent?

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You don't have a credit score.

It will just show as a search on your credit files. On its own, that won't concern most lenders.
  • Room237
    Options
    Thanks so much for the super speedy response!

Might I ask, do you think from the description of my statements that I'd be successful in the application?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If your statements are showing you have affordability issues, then possibly not.

I assume they have concerns re your income/debt ratio to have asked for them.
  • Room237
    Options
    Last question (I promise)... You're saying this still won't affect my credit rating? Thanks so much for your time!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You still don't have a credit rating. That's a made up, fake, pretend, not real number that the CRA gives you.

It can go up, down, or fly out to Russia in a desperate attempt to get last minute match tickets for all it matters. It is not, as the millennials say, a 'thing'.

What you have is credit history - with three CRAs.
  • SeanG79
    SeanG79 Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For all "new start" businesses (trading under 2 years), underwriters will almost always request business bank statements to show affordability
  • Room237
    Room237 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks both. I got the lease, so panic over! Thanks for your help and have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure