Perfect home hell

Hi there

I'm new to this forum and looking for advice for my sister in law.

She currently took out an agreement with Perfect home for a two suites. She was making regular weekly payments then she got home and contents insurence, so she requested that her extra payments for cover etc be stopped and she would just pay the remaining amount on the two sofas.

Keeping in mind she has payed nearly £400 so far but last week she missed a payment due to a family problem, so then the constant calls started when she was dealing with what happened and told the store she would pay 2 payments in the following week. So the day the repayment was due her door gets a knock on it and its the people from perfect home telling her that they are there for the two sofas and there was nothing she could do about it. But feeling very intimidated by 4 big men she cloesed the door and told them that she was making a payment.

So then they sat in her driveway the whole afternoon just waiting not leaving her premises, they left her a voicemail on her phone telling her that there's nothing she can do and she's making it worse etc (scare tactics) now the store are not leaving her alone even although she said she would pay it. They even went to her dads house and her sisters address!!!!

But can they enter your property and take the sofas or do they need a court order? Im in scotland also And can they just stay on her property and intimidate her even although she has a disabled son also?

Comments

• CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Karenloen wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm new to this forum and looking for advice for my sister in law.

She currently took out an agreement with Perfect home for a two suites. She was making regular weekly payments then she got home and contents insurence, so she requested that her extra payments for cover etc be stopped and she would just pay the remaining amount on the two sofas.

Keeping in mind she has payed nearly £400 so far but last week she missed a payment due to a family problem, so then the constant calls started when she was dealing with what happened and told the store she would pay 2 payments in the following week. So the day the repayment was due her door gets a knock on it and its the people from perfect home telling her that they are there for the two sofas and there was nothing she could do about it. But feeling very intimidated by 4 big men she cloesed the door and told them that she was making a payment.

So then they sat in her driveway the whole afternoon just waiting not leaving her premises, they left her a voicemail on her phone telling her that there's nothing she can do and she's making it worse etc (scare tactics) now the store are not leaving her alone even although she said she would pay it. They even went to her dads house and her sisters address!!!!

But can they enter your property and take the sofas or do they need a court order? Im in scotland also And can they just stay on her property and intimidate her even although she has a disabled son also?

Hi Karenloen - we're sorry to hear about what's going on. If you're all living in Scotland, then we urge you to get in touch with your local bureau there - or to contact the Citizens Advice Direct helpline in Scotland (Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm; Saturday, 10am to 2pm).

We hope this helps.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure