Pilot training loans

Options
Is anybody aware of a company or bank that will offer loans over 10 years, for pilots or just in general, of £55,000, secured with a property obviously (of which is worth £135,000), and that comes with holiday period of 18 months or upward. I'm aware these a very niche and rare. BBVA used to provide this service, targeted at future pilots, but it was withdrawn last year.
Our aim is to take out a secured loan over 10 years, against the property, of £55,000,and have the holiday period so that upon completion of the training, you can pay back, at an increased rate because of the holiday, a set amount each month. Alternatively, are there any companies or banks that will allow you to pay reduced amounts back in the 18 months and then upon completion of training increase your payments. And finally, does anybody know of any companies or banks that offer loans and schemes targeted directly at pilots or pilot training.
Thank alot,
~Thomas.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is anybody aware of a company or bank that will offer loans over 10 years, for pilots or just in general, of £55,000, secured with a property obviously (of which is worth £135,000), and that comes with holiday period of 18 months or upward. I'm aware these a very niche and rare. BBVA used to provide this service, targeted at future pilots, but it was withdrawn last year.
    Our aim is to take out a secured loan over 10 years, against the property, of £55,000,and have the holiday period so that upon completion of the training, you can pay back, at an increased rate because of the holiday, a set amount each month. Alternatively, are there any companies or banks that will allow you to pay reduced amounts back in the 18 months and then upon completion of training increase your payments. And finally, does anybody know of any companies or banks that offer loans and schemes targeted directly at pilots or pilot training.
    Thank alot,
    ~Thomas.

There was a thread from earlier this year about pilot training, have a look for it, maybe a solution was posted.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,883 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thomas, Google is your freind here.

Your enquiry is very niche, no one will know off the top of their heads.

you could also try the search facility on the forum, as it has been posted about before.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My local uni runs a pilot training course. You attend uni to learn the theory and fly at a local airfield. Might that be cheaper? Or apply to airlines as a trainee? I'm guessing this is commercial not just for leisure?
  • Thomas_Bowdler
    Options
    The modular course I am interested in is £61,250, however we only need to borrow £55,000. L3 is a major integrated ATPL provider, which tend to be more expensive than the smaller schools providing modular routes.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you asked on PPrune? This should be a good source of information about finance for the ATPL.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Thomas_Bowdler
    Options
    Yeah, I've posted into a forum there as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure