Letter received from Fredrickson International

Options
I have just received a letter from Fredrickson International very similar to a previous poster:

Dear Sir/Madam, We have made enquiries for confirmation of your current place of residence. Information has been received confirming that your address details have changes to this address. Due to data protection legislation details of the account are not included in this letter. Please call us immediately quoting the above reference for more information.

I have no debt apart from a mortgage and student loan and have absolutely no idea what this might be referring to. Can anyone explain who they are and why phoning them might be a bad idea as someone suggested further up the thread?

Thanks!

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options

I have no debt apart from a mortgage and student loan and have absolutely no idea what this might be referring to. Can anyone explain who they are and why phoning them might be a bad idea as someone suggested further up the thread?

Thanks!
    Phoning them is a bad idea, because they will probably bully you - and they will take your phone number to start harassing you..

Dear Fredrickson

Thank you for you enigmatic letter of <date> concerning an unidentified account for an unidentified amount with your unidentified client. I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or any of your clients on the basis of the information supplied. And I will not be phoning you. Until and unless you write with proper information, I shall regard all further contact from yourselves as harassment.

yours

Spoonranger

sign in block capitals - apparently it is a common experience that some DCAs will lift your signature to generate forgeries
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Can anyone explain who they are and why phoning them might be a bad idea as someone suggested further up the thread?

Beacuse these people will often lie, bully, threaten, and try to get you to pay whether you actually owe anything or not.

You say you don't owe them anything, so it's not your problem.

They clearly aren't sure whether the person they are chasing is actually you, so confirming that they have got to someone with that name at your address would be unwise at the moment. They may well "latch on", and cause no end of hassle. Currently they are just "fishing".

Usually the best thing is ignore anything until if/when they can actually be bothered to write saying exactly what they are chasing.

In the meantime, check your credit reference files to make sure they haven't recorded anything bad against you at this address.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • mdr86
    mdr86 Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say ignore it, just as you would ignore spam email.
    Though, as fermi said, may as well check credit files, as that's a good thing to do anyway :)
  • Hi all,
    I have been dealing with wilkin chapman grange (on behalf of cyclone asset ltd) they already have a charge registered against my house, however i have been paying an amount of £40 per month for well over a year, today i recieved a letter from them stating that cyclone asset management have informed them that they are going to apply to court for an order for me to sell my house!.
    Anybody out there got any suggestions??, i have emailed them back asking for the reason the letter was sent and why i was not informed of a problem when i made a payment today, also have asked for an up to date staement of my payments and the outstanding monies owed as they stopped sending this a long time ago.

Waiting.......thanks all.....:mad:
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi Confused and angry

You need your own thread really, as this doesn't relate to the previous posts - someone will probably move it.

A creditor with a charging order can apply for an order for sale. These are very rare. I've only heard of two applications, and I work in debt advice - both applications were rejected at court.

There's some info on this facsheet:

Charging Orders

and it's probably worth phoning National Debtline as they do have people who handle these things (because of the massive number of cases they handle they do see a few of these applications)

Do you have any factors that might weigh in your favour (kids, disabilities, negative equity, sole debt on a jointly owned property, small debt)?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure