What does the Chancellors pension revolution mean for us?

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ognum wrote: »
    Interesting response, I to have investment properties, it is because of my investment properties that I can give myself priority.

I have good letting agents (tax deductable) who handle my properties well. I am out of the Uk for a good bit of the year, they deal with all the issues but do refer to me.

We also have good pensions and other investments but I would not say having property is any kind of problem.

Depends how many you have, we have 8 investment properties and also like you reasonably large additional pensions and other (shares) investments, the properties can be stressful at times, that's why we will eventually and gradually (because they are very profitable) drop down to only 2-4 properties, maybe you have less or you have just been lucky. But anyway the OP isn't considering a diversified portfolio with property, he is talking about depending upon property as his main source of income.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depends how many you have, we have 8 investment properties and also like you reasonably large additional pensions and other (shares) investments, the properties can be stressful at times, that's why we will eventually and gradually (because they are very profitable) drop down to only 2-4 properties, maybe you have less or you have just been lucky. But anyway the OP isn't considering a diversified portfolio with property, he is talking about depending upon property as his main source of income.

Thanks for you reply, we have more in equity (no debt on any)and in number.
    I guess you can only say it how you find and I hope you reduction proves successful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure