Debt spiralling!

Options
2»

Comments

• Lankylocky
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I was thinking of remortgaging as a way of instantly getting me getting back into credit and then starting again from there but can see it wasn't the best idea. Tweenage sports club equipment are included in the clothes. I'm reviewing my insurance. ,Also going to have a think about the car - if I sell it I'll still have to pay off loan & buy a cheaper car . Looking at sim deals. Need to get cheaper broadband / landline combo than the Virgin deal
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Much better plan than adding the debt to the mortgage... those of us who have done that in the past :whistle: - found it doesn't change your spending habits and you end up re-creating the debt. Better to fix the over-spending problem, take longer to clear debt and commit to clearing all debt and becoming mortgage free too (or neutral if you prefer).
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport