Please could I have a knowledgable opinion?

Options
Sorry me again.

So I, solely have gone bankrupt. When calculating our income and expenditure the OR took my husbands whole income into account. I forgot to mention his debts that he pays, his income is half of mine though. Currently he is on token payments to 4 creditors and pays his dad £200 PM which ends in December with a view to then pay the others off, either snowballing again or paying a set amount to each of them. I have suggested a DRO for him but he’s dragging his heels about this. So, if we were to stick to this plan will it be allowed in the I and E? We can send evidence of this payment and or credit reports showing his debts. Any advice welcome. Thanks :)

Hopefully this will be my last question!!

Comments

• debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Your partner in not formally insolvent so must be allowed to pay his debts from his income. His income should be reduced by his debt amount before it is considered as a contribution to household expenses for your IPA calculation in bankruptcy.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • Clouds88
    Clouds88 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Debt doctor, appreciate it. We don’t have an IPA but then my husband doesn’t contribute as much due to the money he pays on debts so although it looks like we might be okay on paper, we will struggle. I don’t want to work an over time shift to pay his dad the money if I am going to get in trouble for it/get it taken off of me so I was thinking of contacting the OR and telling him about his debts if this will be allowed? We can send proof of the standing order/Equifax reports showing his debts ect. I just want to be conpeltely honest, I won’t be doing any extra work for money to spend on ‘luxuries’ or anything like that but if it’s allowed and we are then in a negative surplus at least working to cover that negative will be without punishment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure