Remortgaging with current provider

Options
I'm due to remortgage my house and wondered if you can just get a new fixed rate from the existing provider ? Not good with phone calls :(

Comments

• Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Boopster40 wrote: »
    I'm due to remortgage my house and wondered if you can just get a new fixed rate from the existing provider ? Not good with phone calls :(

When I was coming to the end of my fixed rate with NatWest I had the option of changing to another product online so I didn't even have to phone anyone.

Alternatively you could use a broker to scout out a better rate for you and let them do all the leg work.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Who is your current Provider?

If the phone is not the right medium for you, some have online systems.

As Brokers we also handle these cases regularly online, so there is support out there.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • SensibleSarah
    Options
    My provider sends me their retention products through the post a few months before each time my fixed deal is coming to an end. I had the lastest ones through the post last week and my current deal is up in October. All I have to do is sign and return a letter they sent with my choice of product - no phone call required. My provider is small and a bit old school though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure