DCA aren’t replying to my emails

Options
Hi everyone.

I had a loan for £450 with a company called Loans2go that I defaulted on after beginning to claim disability benefits as I ended up pretty unwell and out of work.

Last month I arranged a repayment plan with them for £40 a month. I thought no more of this.
Two days ago I got an email from a company called ‘United Kash’ saying that loans 2 go had sold my debt to them and all ‘claims against me’ (what does this even mean?) so I now had to make repayments to them.
They told me to respond to their email to discuss my account or call their phone number.

I’ve been following this forum for some time and know it usually isn’t advised to call these DCAs up. I’m currently overseas on holiday so I couldn’t write them a letter, instead I replied to the email very promptly and said I’d like to set up a repayment plan with themselves, could they send me the information through so that I could do this.

It’s been 2 days and I haven’t had a response from them, more worryingly so, I can’t find much about this company on the internet. The only post I have founded regarding United Kash states that they are very aggressive, rude and are repeatedly put the phone down on the guy who wrote the initial post about them. Apparently he offered them £1 a month, they laughed at him and put the phone down!!

I went on their website and nowhere does it state that they support people in debt, their website mainly speaks about ‘raising profits’ for their clients. They seem like a pretty aggressive, crappy company if you ask me. But also a very small time one.

I can’t call them because the charges would be mental from where I currently am, however I attempted to call the number briefly that they provided me with on their email and was pretty stunned to find that someone answered right away. This clearly isn’t a busy or large company.

Where should I go from here? On the post I saw previously, this company apparently threaten to send doorstep agents over to the address of the debtor. I can’t afford risking this because my parents live with me. The company in question is however a 4 hour drive away from my parents home so I don’t know if they’d actually bother with me.

Any advice is welcome. I’m feeling a little worried simply because I’ve had no response from them, they’re known to be aggressive and they seem like such a tiny company.

Thanks.

Comments

• veimsi2s
    veimsi2s Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Also to add (can’t edit on my phone)
    Does ‘claims against you’ mean a court order? My parents are currently at home and say I’ve had no letters. I’m really not sure what these people mean or want from me
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,887 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

Debt collection is a slow process, I wouldn’t worry about it till you get home if I were you.

To legally require you to repay a debt, the company must write to you first, they attempt calls/emails and texts first because it’s cheaper, after a month or two they will start to run through their standard series of letters with you, you can then respond with the provit letter.

No one will be knocking on your door, standard DCA threat tactics.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    Their accounts show they are fast growing. Their particular version of merde must be having an effect.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06890816/filing-history
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure