Santander

Hi,

wondering if anyone is going through a mortgage application with Santander at the moment to give us some advice,

Just needing some info on the rough timescales currently, we will be doing our application in branch 21st March

Just as the estate agents are reluctant to let us into the property to measure up for carpets/furniture until missives are concluded (scotland) which we arn't doing until our offer is through,

Comments

• cool_techie
    cool_techie Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Watching, since we will be in the same position with Santander shortly!
    12.71kW PV system - 33 panels of JA solar JAM60S20-385/MR facing S-E(18) / N-W (15) with Growatt SPH-6000 and Growatt MIN 6000TL-X inverters, 4 ML33RTA 3.3kWh batteries, Shinephone monitor app and Solar iBoost+. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.

3.84kW PV system - 16 panels of Sharp ND-R240A2 facing SE with SMA 4000TL inverter, Geo II monitor and Solar iBoost. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.
  • LRmortgage
    LRmortgage Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We use Santander quite a bit, they usually they are fine, things can happen very quickly.

If your case is a little complicated, this is generally where Santander fall down and the process can become quite long winded.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Phoned up 14/03/2019 record created. Did the credit check and request Feb payslip for both my girlfriend and I - we sent these the same night.

15/03/2019 9:34 info received

15/03/2019 13:02 Mortgage Appointment booked via telephone for 18/03/2019 at 13:15

15/03/2019 13:22 Mortgage Appointment rescheduled for 18/03/2019 at 16:00 (The guy on the phone suggested I could have done it that day but I decided to wait to have my girlfriend with me).

So it looks like its moving along very quick, Santander updates have been great. Does anyone know is it likely at this stage they will request bank statements or anything from me? Our situation is quite simple both employed (already sent payslips and been approved) credit check approved..so hopefully should run smoothly now?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We will normally get from application to offer with Santander (and many other lenders) before you can get your appointment to be bored ****less for two hours in a branch visit (at a time which suits them, of course.)
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • thanks, we are a bit complex I guess so thats why we had went for an in branch application, shall update soon!
  • ryan - my first mortgage with santander was approved without bank statements needed, did they ask you in the end to submit them?
  • Hi Zack,

Well we had the Mortgage Appointment yesterday and that went well, basically set the repayment over what term and etc and how much all those details.

The lady said we would get the pack posted out to us and it would be passed to the underwriters so I don't think they require the bank statements if we've got to this stage without them. I guess its on a case by case basis we have an 85% LTV i'd imagine a 95% would require a more strenuous procedure.

Hope that helps!
    Everything has been very quick and great so far.
  • Stage has moved to
    4. "Application pack sent"

Wonder how long it will take now to go to
    5. "Application passed to underwriting"
  • Stage has moved to
    4. "Application pack sent"

Wonder how long it will take now to go to
    5. "Application passed to underwriting"

thanks Ryan, please keep me posted

We have our in branch application thursday
  • Right so now they have requested further information - 'Signed Direct Mail Letter'.

Very annoying as I just rang and said this could take 3-5 working days to arrive, hopefully it comes quicker.

Anyone know what this is for??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport