Halifax Mortgage Process

Options
Hello,
I am looking for a bit of advice on the Halifax mortgage process.

My partner and I have put an offer in on a property and had it accepted.

We have gone through the full mortgage process with the Mortgage Advisor at Halifax who said he would do a soft credit search and then said that the "underwriting has all gone through fine" and now we just need to provide payslips and solicitor information.

Does that mean that all credit check stages have now passed and we're plain sailing except for valuation or will there be another credit check at some point?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You cannot submit a full application and have a hard credit search without entering solicitor details.

Only an agreement in principle has been done so far.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kev24uk
    Options
    Ah :(

So as soon as we provide solicitor details it will go through a hard credit search?

If it fails there I suppose we won't incur any costs?
  • kingstreet
    Options
    You only pay the mortgage report & valuation and/or product fee when you get a full app "accept" decision.

You aren't offered the fee screen without one.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kev24uk
    kev24uk Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 9 January 2018 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Ah, ok! We have paid the valuation and product fee and I can see a hard credit search on my Experian report, so what does that mean?
  • BLOW_FLY
    BLOW_FLY Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Similar thing happened to me last year with Halifax.

They said it was only a soft search but ended up being hard search on both myself and my wife’s credit files and this was to get the AIP.

They did know our solicitors details but I hadn’t paid any product fee at that stage.

There were no more searches after this one and the mortgage went through with no issues.

Hope that helps, good luck ��

BF
  • kingstreet
    Options
    kev24uk wrote: »
    Ah, ok! We have paid the valuation and product fee and I can see a hard credit search on my Experian report, so what does that mean?
    It means the application has been submitted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure