Redstone mortgages. Just put my rate up by 0.85%!

Options

Comments

• Toby_dog_2
    Options
    As the originator of this thread, I do tend too keep an eye on whats happening with Redstone and any comments that are made!
    I am still stuck with Redstone at least until next July, unless I wish to pay the High redemption charges they wish to put on me.
    Its very interesting to see that they are putting out mail (budget planners etc), I too received one of these a few weeks ago - went straight in the bin!
    I too have had my payments increased, this was about 2 months ago, they told me that they had calculated my payments wrong!! My payments went up by about £150 a month! To say I am angry is an understatement. This is after they had previously put my rate up by 0.85%, which led me to start the thread!!!! Will they be passing on the 1.5 per cent drop in interest rates, I very much doubt it! I cant wait to ditch them. Come July, we should be ok to head back to better rates.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Omg - I'm getting really worried now

Surely they can't be calculating so many people's mortgage payments wrongly??

I wish I could move away from them, but last I looked, it was thousands in fees if I finish early.

I'm concerned that they might try and hit me for more money at the end of my fixed interest as well- I think I will look out all the paerwork and phone them up and ask for official figures to be sent out.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • Hello paulgonnabedebtfree!!!

Frightening aint it!!!!:eek:

Just for the sake of clarity here. Amber Homeloans ARE Redstone Mortgages. if you Google SKIPTON GROUP, you will find about 8 different "lenders" all under skipton group. Redstone as has been found out by several different people after the fact, Are basically a SHELL, they have no TRAINED staff, they are not entitled to hold or provide money and they cannot provide advice. The address in SKIPTON is an outsourced administration building for several comopanies calling themselves lenders. Including KENSINGTON, again owned by SKIPTON GROUP!!! I found all this out because I am fighting redstone through the courts. Oh joy of joys.:rolleyes:

I today received word that round 10 ( ish ) of the fight ( we've been fighting a while) has gone to us. The Bailliffs were sent round to their offices in Skipton, (they were not best pleased!!!) Because they still owe us over four thousand pounds, we used the court system against them. Money gained, however, downside is their solicitors are using scare tactics now, they are saying that due to the falling housing market, they are going to sell our house to gain the best possible price. Should their be any belongings in the house we are to remove them asap as they WILL dispose of them as they see fit. HOWEVER we have an injunction hearing soon, and a High court appeal, so they CANNOT sell the house. But stilll they try.:confused:

Our local MP is also inviolved, trying to help us. They have told him that as he is a politician and not a solicitor to baiscally go away. Our solicitor dispises the ground these idiots walk on and I have the support of a local judge. BUT as the case cannot come before him ( conflict apparently ) he cannot just GIVE us the injunction.

So the fight goes on....

Will keep people updated as we go on....
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are confusing ownership with administration.

And loans originated by one company can be sold on to another, without the whole company being sold.

Skipton Building Society offer administration services for a number of lenders. It is their office that you are talking about.

Amber is a subsidiary of Skipton Building Society. It sold a book of mortgages to Redstone. It quite possibly still administers them (as that's quite normal practice when a book of mortgages is sold).

But that doesn't mean Amber is Redstone, or Redstone is Skipton.

Kensington certainly aren't owned by Skipton. But Kensington may well have sold mortgages onto other lenders, and they may be administered by Skipton.

There's no point sending bailiffs to the address of a company which administers your mortgage. None of the assets there belong to the company you are claiming money from. "They were not best pleased" because you were wasting their time, but I don't expect your bailiffs got a penny from them.
  • Paulgonnabedebtfree
    Options
    Hello paulgonnabedebtfree!!!

Frightening aint it!!!!:eek:

Just for the sake of clarity here. Amber Homeloans ARE Redstone Mortgages. if you Google SKIPTON GROUP, you will find about 8 different "lenders" all under skipton group. Redstone as has been found out by several different people after the fact, Are basically a SHELL, they have no TRAINED staff, they are not entitled to hold or provide money and they cannot provide advice. The address in SKIPTON is an outsourced administration building for several comopanies calling themselves lenders. Including KENSINGTON, again owned by SKIPTON GROUP!!! I found all this out because I am fighting redstone through the courts. Oh joy of joys.:rolleyes:

I today received word that round 10 ( ish ) of the fight ( we've been fighting a while) has gone to us. The Bailliffs were sent round to their offices in Skipton, (they were not best pleased!!!) Because they still owe us over four thousand pounds, we used the court system against them. Money gained, however, downside is their solicitors are using scare tactics now, they are saying that due to the falling housing market, they are going to sell our house to gain the best possible price. Should their be any belongings in the house we are to remove them asap as they WILL dispose of them as they see fit. HOWEVER we have an injunction hearing soon, and a High court appeal, so they CANNOT sell the house. But stilll they try.:confused:

Our local MP is also inviolved, trying to help us. They have told him that as he is a politician and not a solicitor to baiscally go away. Our solicitor dispises the ground these idiots walk on and I have the support of a local judge. BUT as the case cannot come before him ( conflict apparently ) he cannot just GIVE us the injunction.

So the fight goes on....

Will keep people updated as we go on....

I soimehow lost track of this thread ages ago but will keep an eyer out for it now I've found it again
  • feisty1
    feisty1 Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Options
    who was yr mortgage originally with?
  • Paulgonnabedebtfree
    Options
    feisty1 wrote: »
    who was yr mortgage originally with?

Sorry about this. I just realised that I inadvertently resurrected a rather old thread. That'll teach me to check the dates better. ;)
  • feisty1
    Options
    and me to answer!
  • BlameTheGame
    Options
    Wow@ what Redstone is putting some of you guys through.
  • feisty1
    Options
    i think that's a bit exaggerated.........the poster doesn't even understand redstone are the administrators not lenders & he sent the baillifs to them & they were none too happy!..........funny really, just imagine the reation!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure