What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 11th September?

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all! Am I the only one that is loving the blustery day?!

I didn't do my sewing last night as I got engrossed in a design thingy and worked until past midnight. I'm out of inspiration today so will do my sewing today instead.

I still have a few mushrooms which I will turn into an omelette for lunch though I am planning a small spend for dinner tonight.

I seem to have missed an eBay sale from two days ago so getting that posted is my first job today.

Have a good day everyone!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Afternoon All

Today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    RM Survey - Done
    Filing & shredding - Done
    Exercise - 2 x 15mins so far on exercise bike
    Home mani/pedi -
    Bake -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Luckyphone, Ashleigh, FPL -
    Read - struggling with current book so will start another and try again another time

Have a great day all.

C
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 September 2017 at 6:46PM
    Options
    Afternoon folks

Hope everyone is keeping safe in the windy weather.

So the meat delivery thing has got a bit out of hand. They tried to deliver it today and some of the packets of meat had totally defrosted. I wasn't happy to accept it because god only knows how it had been stored overnight. Rang customer services and they didn't seem very sympathetic and said that I should have accepted the delivery?! Currently awaiting a call back...

Yesterday's round up:
    • Meals from meal plan - done
    • Reconcile that blimmin budget sheet!! (have been waiting for OH) - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime (5k run in 30.51 :) Will aim for 30.30 next time) - done
    • Crochet if time - nah
    • Prep stuff for tomorrow's lunch/dinner - done
    • See about rearranging my food delivery as they are late and no one will be in the office - website has helpfully told me that they will get back to me tomorrow... :mad:
    • Meals from plan
    • Do not allow meat people to bully me into submission - hurrah. New meat coming on Friday!
    • Gym at lunchtime (working on my pull ups) - done
    • Plan next weeks meals and shopping
    • Poss crochet
    • Reply to message from my friend about possibility of selling some crochet items
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    A stressful day so tried to keep as busy as possible. A few frugal bits:
    *NSD
    *Baked some nice crusty wholemeal bread rolls.
    *Remembered to turn that kilo of tomatoes into a big pan of soup.....plenty for freezer.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Knitting later, stuff for sale.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Hi gang :wave:

Sending you all a massive hug :grouphug:

I have managed another NSD ;) Extra proud of myself as I even ventured into the fateful t k maxx today and I didn't buy new wine glasses or the candle I was eyeing up :cool:

Batch cooking tonight - that lasagne so should be 6 portions. Thanks for the link DNMS - I'll check out that website.

Just need to check banking/YNAB

What else :think:
    Let hair dry naturally :cool:
    Cheapo porridge brekkie
    Packed lunch; OH was out on a working lunch so that was him sorted (I've assumed his Co was paying but may need to check this...)

Not much else really! :o
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 September 2017 at 6:25AM
    Options
    Morning all :hello: woken by the wind (I think) and now it's far to noisy to get back to sleep :( so I've had a coffee and got in early and booked the slots at parents evening that I needed due to work :rotfl:

I've also done 5 minutes meditation, as I wrote a piece for work on wellbeing and thought I should take some of my own advice particularly as anxiety was running high yesterday and getting up at 3.15 isn't going to help :eek:

Other things today:
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Check cc to see if refund from an item I didn't receive from amaz0n has been received
    Make a note in diary in a week to contact ombudsman if my utility provider still haven't given me a bill (it's only been 5 months since they stopped) had to get Fairy assertive level 5 yesterday when again they didn't seem to think it was an issue ('as your paying by direct debit, so probably won't be in debit') :mad:
    Carbonara for tea using ys cream I bought yesterday
    See if I can find those walnuts :rotfl:
    Labelling for sale (did some sorting last night, so it's vaguely in some sort of order)
    Take mrs FW rice and beans to work I made last night when I found some left over rice in fridge
    Enough beans and mushrooms for another day, so will cook some rice tonight and add to it and either freeze or DH can have tomorrow

Right, off to try and use the time wisely whilst not waking the rest of the house. Hope the commute is kind in this weather :)

Not too bad consideting my early start. Didn't find walnuts, but manage to label everything for the sale apart from about 15 items that need hangers which I'm short of. Did see box in loft so will go up tomorrow and have a nose, won't take me too long to do. Pleased with rest. Also put a fair bit aside for my friend.

Unsurprisingly energy provider has managed to produce bulls today :cool: however, they have randomly mashed 6 months together and showing a £271 in credit, then since we moved to the tariff they recommended (over the summer) we have eaten all that up and are now 27p in debit :eek: what a load of rubbish, will be calling them tomorrow. When fixed I'll be off for a better deal and hopefully so,e cashback ;)

Sorry day was stressful foxgloves thinking of you.
    Just chilling before bed, may have a brew :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all. Much better sleep last night so happy Fairy today :D although I must meditate later, found it really helped the last couple of days as anxiety is higher than I would like. List for today:

Check banking, pay day tomorrow :T
    Check surveys and FPL
    Something from freezer for tea
    Take return back whilst in town for an appointment
    Use money from 'pot' for appointment - must remember to move it later
    Call idiotic energy supplier
    Find some hangers in loft
    Put some washing away and a quick tidy round
    Make a cake or biscuits. Try and find walnuts or make something else :rotfl:
    Walk later with friend for free exercise.
    Check tomatoes, got my first red ones yesterday. We're late developers here in the east mids :rotfl:
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning guys :) very quick post before springing into action! Need to wash my hair so need to get my skates on...

Foxgloves sorry to hear yesterday was stressful for you. Hope whatever it is is off your mind now x

Things for today:

* make marmite sandwich & snacks for work
    *[STRIKE] NSD[/STRIKE] scrap that we are completely out of bread so need to pick some up. As am spending will get petrol as well ;)
    * dinner is los from yesterday's rice bake thingy with fresh hg veg :)
    * bake courgette cake & make spicy tom & lentil soup to use up some veg!
    * take note of mileage
    * exercise for free tonight and hot tub :)
    * finish off bank transfers - paid cc yesterday but didn't reconcile accounts
    * speak to dd as she has something important to do today
    * make apple crumble to take to friend's tomorrow

Ok that's all I can think of right now. Have a great day guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Lottebear
    Options
    Hello All,

- I popped into town yesterday and got a couple of half price Christmas gifts and when they went through the till there were 3 for 2! So in the end I got £50 for £20!
    - Picked up a New baby card for friends.
    - I managed to purchase a microwave in an auction, don't ask how, it is mystery to me, as I didn't think I won it, so I arranged a courier for it, if it what it says it is and new it is £155 and I have paid £45 all in, so fingers crossed.
    - Had a meeting with DD school to set up her care plan, it didn't take too long thank goodness.

- Today helping my mother switch her Gas and Electric, she has never done it before and also take out a Health Cash plan as she has high dental and optical costs.
    - Go up in the loft and get the remainder of the pram down and list on Ebay.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 September 2017 at 8:27AM
    Options
    Morning folks.

Foxgloves - I hope you have a better day today
    Purplefairy - my tomatoes are a disaster yet again this year :(

Today is my "Saturday" so lots of chores to be done. Also, my friend has a craft business and is looking to buy stock/sell on behalf of other crafters. I'm going to look for some easy Christmas crochet makes that I can sell.

Roundup of yesterday:
    • Meals from plan - done
    • Do not allow meat people to bully me into submission - hurrah. New meat coming on Friday!
    • Gym at lunchtime (working on my pull ups) - done
    • Plan next weeks meals and shopping - done
    • Poss crochet - done
    • Reply to message from my friend about possibility of selling some crochet items - done

Today:
    • Big shop - stick to list
    • Meals from plan
    • Book train tickets for mammoth journey with my mum - done. Booked all singles for money saving
    • Washing out for a bit as we're supposed to be mostly dry today!
    • Gym this morning
    • Try to arrange item pick up from Facebook sale
    Will add as I go...

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors