Click To Win Competitions

Options
Hello everybody :)

If any of you enter Click to Win comps regularly, how many sites do you use? I doubt anyone can enter on all of them, there must be over a hundred!I've just started on them, and I'm a bit overwhelmed..

Does any of these Click to Win sites offer better chances of winning, or are they all the same?
Thank you xx

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think technically they're all the same odds-wise, although you could start at the end of the list, ie Yours ... assuming most people (on this forum at least) start at A (Absolute Radio) so the sites at the end of the list MAY have less entries ... but then if you start at the end and the winner is chosen from Absolute Radio, you're kinda stuffed.

We've no idea how they select a winner other than it's an automated process based in the US.

For me, I'll just go through some of the sites until I get bored, which doesn't take very long these days, so I hardly bother with them anymore, the prizes aren't very good at the moment and the chances of winning are slimmer than an After8 mint after being running over by a bus (unless you're one of those few lucky people that manage to win 10 in a month).
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with all sleepyjones said.

I've no idea how a few people manage to win 8+ a month... I think it must be a timing thing they've figured out or using a bot! I do enter a few each day but they are last on my priorities. I spent 3 months entering them for a fair few hours a day and didn't win a thing so figured my time is best spent elsewhere.
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 February 2019 at 8:14PM
    Options
    moonray69 wrote: »
    Hello everybody :)

If any of you enter Click to Win comps regularly, how many sites do you use? I doubt anyone can enter on all of them, there must be over a hundred!I've just started on them, and I'm a bit overwhelmed..

Does any of these Click to Win sites offer better chances of winning, or are they all the same?
    Thank you xx

Makes no difference which sites you enter through as all the entries from every available entry route are pooled together for the winner(s) to be selected - the fewer sites a competition is featured on and the shorter it runs the more chance you have of being able to make as many entries as everyone else can - say one on 5 sites open for 30 days means only 150 entries per household are possible (100 plus sites and open for 60 days give a potential 6,000 entries per household unless it is an enter hourly one then over 150,000 entries per household are possible)
  • martinsnest
    martinsnest Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes the fact that theyve made some of them hourly competitions makes the whole thing a bit of a farce!!!
  • Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ^ There's now an Amazon voucher C2W comp which, unless it is just error in the listing, doesn't end for another two years. Good luck to anyone entering that one daily!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Skilos wrote: »
    ^ There's now an Amazon voucher C2W comp which, unless it is just error in the listing, doesn't end for another two years. Good luck to anyone entering that one daily!

As long as that is only on one site it has fewer possible entries per household than most - 1 a day for 2 years = 730 - while just 40 sites for two months = 2400 rising to over 6,000 entries for the common over 100 sites open for 2 months (ignoring the hourly ones)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure