Top saving tips

Options
Hello! I'm new here and got engaged in December in Paris. We have a date held to get married in May 2021 and are pretty close to booking it.

I'm starting some little things to save money - one being every Friday I'm moving any money in our accounts that doesn't round up to the nearest pound into our savings account, and I've got a money box in the kitchen where all the silver coins from our wallets will go when we have them.

Does anyone else have any other little tips like this? I bet they sound silly but, every little helps right! xxx

Comments

• Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Firstly Congratulations!!!

They sound liken really good tips, and i think ill give them a go too!

I don't really have tips like that as such but some other tips i would have are:
    - make a wedding email, and use this to send all enquiries for whatever you might hire (Venue, DJ, Caterers ect)
    - Make a spreadsheet and every time you get a quote add it onto there in its category, it makes it so much easier to compare them all in one go.

Weekdays and Sundays are usually cheaper, and always ask for a discount! Wedding fairs can be great for getting discounts, so although they're a bit odd they're really handy for this! Hope it all goes well!

Also recommend websites like Hitched, Bridebook and Rock My Wedding for information, oh and the Budget Savvy Bride!
  • Sam_Adrew
    Options
    Wow! you are doing very well. I really impressed with your idea because as I understand you have started save money for your wedding so I think it will be very helpful for your wedding. you see, one day your small saving will go very extensive, that will really help in your wedding.
  • beckyjayne23
    Options
    Thanks Katapolt! We have a wedding fayre this weekend and we're thinking of putting down a deposit this weekend to, so then a spreadsheet will definitely come in handy for us! I've just signed up to Hitched too, a few people recommended that! xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure