Dont really know where to go from here

Options
I put this thread on "HOuses, renting, selling " but think perhaps it was the wrong group to put in on.

Hello, I am in a bit of a pickle at the moment and really dont know how to go about it. My saga is......... Sinlge mum, 48! My daughter has been at college for 3 years finished in July this year. When she became 19 in May this year. THe sh*t hit the fan cos, my financial world came crashing down, as in, housing benefit went down to single person, lost child tax credit, child benefit etc. And she tells me...Im pregnant mum :-(

So this is the situation.... I am now off sick by the doctors, have been for 2 months,( depression) get £71.00 per week, rent £750 pm. Get £43 per week HB. So just got lanlord to change tenancy to me renting a room also daughter got tenancy so now rent is £375 per month each. SO still too much and I have to move. Soooo, cant get council place, all be it went thru doctors with letter etc. Council say nope, no extra points for health. Cant save for a deposit.

I am at my wits end and feeling that I am unable to cope much longer.

Please, please, have anybody got any ideas they can throw in to the pot as I am so very desperate xxx

Comments

• CAB_Wyre_Forest_representative
    CAB_Wyre_Forest_representative Posts: 117 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I put this thread on "HOuses, renting, selling " but think perhaps it was the wrong group to put in on.

Hello, I am in a bit of a pickle at the moment and really dont know how to go about it. My saga is......... Sinlge mum, 48! My daughter has been at college for 3 years finished in July this year. When she became 19 in May this year. THe sh*t hit the fan cos, my financial world came crashing down, as in, housing benefit went down to single person, lost child tax credit, child benefit etc. And she tells me...Im pregnant mum :-(

So this is the situation.... I am now off sick by the doctors, have been for 2 months,( depression) get £71.00 per week, rent £750 pm. Get £43 per week HB. So just got lanlord to change tenancy to me renting a room also daughter got tenancy so now rent is £375 per month each. SO still too much and I have to move. Soooo, cant get council place, all be it went thru doctors with letter etc. Council say nope, no extra points for health. Cant save for a deposit.

I am at my wits end and feeling that I am unable to cope much longer.

Please, please, have anybody got any ideas they can throw in to the pot as I am so very desperate xxx

Hi Mandy25048
    Your post has been passed to us in CAB who man the Housing Benefit thread.
    It's very difficult to give you the most appropriate advice at a disatnce and I'd urge you to go down to your local CAB for an appointment -they can understand your predicament in detail and give you the best advice based on this. You can find your nearest CAB on www.citizensadvice.org.uk.
    Having said that, clearly you would be in a better situation if either you can get back to work or your daughter can do so. If you do find cheaper accommodation then you can ask your local council for a loan for the deposit. They are not compelled to do this but you should ask. Are you not entitled to the return of the deposit on your current property? How is your daughter paying her half of the rent?
    You can check your benefit entitlement yourself by using www.turn2us.co.uk if you prefer.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure