Payment options of stamp duty

Options
2»

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Don't be tempted to get a loan or use a credit card to deposit cash, lenders will and do credit checks prior to completion and can cancel your offer, making you liable to pay the vendor's costs after exchange
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sam_James wrote: »
    I cant get it clear in my head why we cant buy the property and pay solicitor and deal with the stamp duty after the purchase, surely our tax due on the property is in some ways our own affair and not strictly linked to the purchase of a property from someone. I see for example there is a £300 capped 12month late fine for admin of the stamp duty which we would happily pay to buy us time to pay stamp duty further down the line?

Solicitors seem to add stamp duty into the bill without asking us but again this is a tax we have to pay cant we control how we want to deal with it away from the house purchase?
    You certainly can't if you're buying with a mortgage, as the lender will require the solicitor to deal with SDLT and have the necessary funds from you at completion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure