Books for Children

Options
Good morning

I have 5 great-nieces & nephews and was thinking of a book as a gift for at least 4 of them but not sure what is appropriate. My children are older now so I've lost a bit of touch with what would be good. There are 2 5-yr old boys, 2 2-yr old girls and a baby so obviously something different for him.

Thanks in advance

Emma
Baby daughter born Jan 10
Baby son born June 11

Comments

• suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Looking at your signature your children are under nine, not that much older. What books did they enjoy four years ago?

Get them a Christmas book that you can add to each year to create a Christmas library that comes out each year.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We found the book people website to be very helpful with suggestions by age. Not wildly imaginative, but good serviceable and affordable.

In baby's case, also chewable. Yes, we treat out books hard.
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    I would recommend a trip to your local bookshop - preferably an independent. The staff there will be happy to help, and can tell you what is currently popular with the age groups that you need. You will also be helping a shop on your local high street.
  • fionamharris
    Options
    Hi can't beat Shirley Hughes!! Absolutely timeless for boys & girls!! Alfie & Annie Rose are a good start!!
    Enjoy
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Getting
    for the 4-year-old neice - the reviews look positive.
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    Hi can't beat Shirley Hughes!! Absolutely timeless for boys & girls!! Alfie & Annie Rose are a good start!!
    Enjoy

My daughter is now reading Alfie and Annie Rose books to her own daughter - her own copies from over twenty years ago. Her favourite was the first one that we bought, Alfie's Feet. Wonderful books :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure