Options
2»

Comments

• Ceme3000
    Ceme3000 Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 25 January 2020 at 12:03AM
    Options
    The pension may also have been what they called contracted out and you were paying reduced national insurance. Is there a national insurance category of D rate on that old payslip you have? If it was and you left an employer within 2 years it was common practice for the employer to effectively undo the pension scheme membership,
    I.e. refund all pension contributions to the employee and communicate with the NI contributions agency as it was called back then to restore your NI (serps) contributions.

Could you have received a refund of contributions shortly after you left, and have simply forgotten as it was so long ago? As your employment was less than 2 years it is possible that you no longer have a pension with them.
  • curtis122
    curtis122 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't remember getting any money back. I was paying over £200 a month I'm positive back then when I was younger I would have remembered a nice payout if they gave me the money back.

A few years later after that job I had a job for 6 months and a later one for just a year and I have the pension paperwork for those still and they never paid me back my contributions or transferred it when I left, nothing was said about my pension at all just handed in my notice and left after a month.

Like someone else said I can only think for Aegon to not hold any info on it means it was empty as if it had anything in it it would still be open with them but who knows where the actually funds now are. I checked my other pensions I have no other Aegon pensions that I could have automatically been transferred into.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure