Unfairly treated working for HMRC

Options
Hi I am currently employed by HMRC and in receipt of both working and child tax credits. Due to this I have qualified for a grant. Yey!!
Now the company who sorts this out does a DWP data Mach to ensure benefit claim. As a HMRC employee records are restricted and DWP can’t view for a data match.
Which puts a block on the grant So far I’ve contacted DWP, HMRC, CAB, Ofgem, MP and the company who deals with the grant.
All of who say Ive never come across this before and don’t know what to do!!!
Any advice would be welcome as I don’t feel it’s fair just because who I work for has a policy to restricted records xx

Comments

• Andrew1974
    Options
    Hi. I would contact your HR department or perhaps a union rep. Good luck.
  • Weakmoments
    Options
    Hi Andrew I did HR said it was nothing to do with them as benefits issues. Tax credits said it was not them but the DWP that although my records are restricted someone at DWP would be able to see them . When I contacted the DWP they said as I don’t get their benefits to contact Tax credits I was stuck in a loop!
    I contacted PCS union who said they didn’t know what to do. The CAB said to contact Offgem who said ECO scheme was nothing to do with them. I contacted my MP who said due to Purdah technically there are no MPs but they would try and contact them. I’ve contacted the Energy savings Trust who said to contact the DWP.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Try and get somebody in the DWP to talk to their technical team. I would imagine the same problems would be experienced if somebody employed by the DWP was awarded a grant. There will be a security rule in place to stop accessing staff's own data (which probably extends to your data as HMRC) but somebody will have the access, you just need to find out who.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would it be too simple to offer to send payslips and/or P60s to the granting body?
  • Weakmoments
    Options
    Thanks for your replies I’ve eventually have been in touch with the right person. They said they have never came across this before and were very concerned. They have been in touch with HMRC Preston 12 and had the tax credits confirmed, had a meeting with the Simple energy savings trust who have been in touch with the company and have agreed to get the work done .
  • Weakmoments
    Options
    They have seen p60 tax credits award and bank statement. They said must be confirmed By DWP x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure