I didn’t say that! Part 1….things people assume I think but I don’t. Blog Discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• nim_2
    nim_2 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Also for significant sized purchases buying on credit cards also gives you additional rights by allowing you to go after the CC company if there are problems with the purchase.
  • brownbabygirl
    brownbabygirl Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    Love this week's blog, Martin! So much needed.
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Agree with all of the above.

I get several customers refusing store cards because apparently you say they are evil. Despite the rate being the same as most high street credit cards, the cash back scheme through vouchers and the 56 days to pay.
    Then they usually pay on a Vanquis card :rolleyes:
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I totally agree with your view point.

Thanks to your many many tips I have saved over 12 grand a year!

Yet I have done so without reducing the quality of the services I get, I halved my mobile's bill yet managed to stay on O2 (only network that has reception at home and work) and kept my needed data pack. I saved 35% of my internet bill but gained 24mb and unlimited downloads (i avg 300gb a month). I kept my Plat Barclaycard but gained 3% cashback, 5k limit per month, repayed each month (I have about 20 shops and paypal setup to the card so moving is a pain). Savings everywhere but no actual change to my lifetyle :T.

Thanks Martin your a superstar.
  • ZCC72
    ZCC72 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Archna wrote: »
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's 'Door-to-door sales… can we ask them to be more responsible?' blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.

Oops....not the "door to door sales" blog, but the "I didn't say that" blog!!!

Anyhoo, my friends and I follow ML's advice with great interest - we are eagerly awaiting production of "WWMD" (What would Martin do") bracelets as anti-"bad spend" devices!! :rotfl:
    :A FLY FIRST, KNIT LATER :A
  • joolsybools
    joolsybools Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting post dispelling the myths! Congrats on getting the charity set up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure