East Coast train - bus part of journey

Options
I can't get any sense out of East Coast customer services...

I'm travelling from Grantham to Galashiels. The train goes to Berwick upon Tweed then it is bus from there to Galashiels and same in reverse.

My question is... do I have to go and find the bus station or is the bus at Berwick train station? On the way back, as there is no train station in Galashiels, is it just an ordinary scheduled bus service or a specified 'rail' bus service? In other words, how do I know which one to get on.

Ticket says grantham to galashiels v BWK EC and connections.

The woman on customer services just went on about how it was because of track works etc.... errrr no, it's because there ARE NO trains from Berwick to Galashiels and haven't been since 1969.

Thanks

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It will be bus from Berwick railway station to Galashiels. For the return then the pickup point will probably be the drop-off point but you can check with the driver at drop-off. It takes about an hour and a half and goes via Duns, Earlston & Melrose

It is not a normal scheduled bus but one laid on by Cross- Country specifically for this route.
  • frames1_uk
    Options
    thanks very much for that. Not done the journey by train before, they're in the process of bringing the railways back to the Borders, but having built houses etc on the lines, it could be more difficult than they think!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure